Carnivore Diet

j_volt

WKR
Anybody have any “bad” results to report on carnivore? Love the positive results from everybody.
Days 4 through 6 were awful for me (headaches and cramps). I think I needed more electrolytes/salt. I used Celtic Sea salt and K1000 quite regularly now, and no longer have issues. Additionally, I’m on day 28, and my bowel movements have just recently started to be solid.

I would still recommend this, but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. It takes a minute for the body to adjust.

3 weeks in. Realized this morning that I was breathing easily while tying my boots. That's new!

I usually have had to blow all of my air out to fold over far enough to reach the laces. It was like diving to the bottom of the pool: get down there, get it done, get back up for air..

I should add that the bowels are improving. Now 80% of the time everything is nice & smooth but then that other 20% it's like when the drill strikes oil in the movies.

j_volt

WKR
I’m on day 33. I just finished a 48 hour fast and it was easy. During the fast, I walked 3 miles each day with 45 pounds and played two games of sand volleyball in 100° heat. I felt great the whole time. I think I could have easily extended this multiple days.

I’m not sure what my end goal is here. I certainly miss the social side of eating things besides meat and salt, but I also like how things are going.

03mossy

WKR
I’m not sure what my end goal is here. I certainly miss the social side of eating things besides meat and salt, but I also like how things are going.
This is my struggle with this way of living also. I miss using the pizza oven with the kids and ice cream still haunts my dreams. But I just feel so much better when I avoid all that shit and stick to meat and eggs with either a grapefruit or banana a couple of times a week. Fasting a couple of times a week also. It's worth the sacrifice. I am at 241 with an end goal of 230. Started at 282.

This is my struggle with this way of living also. I miss using the pizza oven with the kids and ice cream still haunts my dreams. But I just feel so much better when I avoid all that shit and stick to meat and eggs with either a grapefruit or banana a couple of times a week. Fasting a couple of times a week also. It's worth the sacrifice. I am at 241 with an end goal of 230. Started at 282.
How long was it for you to go from 282 to 241?

03mossy

WKR
I dabbled with carnivore off and on for the past year. In Jan I was 265. Been mostly carnivore since March except for a 3-week lapse in June when for no real reason went back to my old ways (beer, pizza, Doritos, ice cream) till I got sick of feeling like crap every day. Since mid-June, I have lost 11 lbs sticking to carnivore. Sorry, I don't have an exact answer but I hope that helps.

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
I’m on day 33. I just finished a 48 hour fast and it was easy. During the fast, I walked 3 miles each day with 45 pounds and played two games of sand volleyball in 100° heat. I felt great the whole time. I think I could have easily extended this multiple days.

Socially, I end up with a lot of dry rub wings. Can usually find them at pizza joints, or as apps. And unsweat tea. Of course if a nice steak is an option.... Just shy away from potato, salad etc. And when I eat a bunch of garbage, just start over the next day.

And I try to fast 18+ every day with just water and coffee.
Just what works for me.

Unclecroc

Lil-Rokslider
Day 29 of my carnivore journey and my biggest question has been answered. I’m down 18 pounds to 309 pounds, my waist is down 2.5”.
Now my big concern was my bloodwork specifically cholesterol and triglycerides. Today we had a health screen at work for insurance purposes and I was very surprised.
No fasting
Total cholesterol is 147
Hdl is 35
Ldl is 70
Triglycerides are 200 (last year they were 320)
Glucose is 80
Blood pressure is 120/80
This is shocking to me all my cholesterols are low now to the point I was told to raise my hdl. My triglycerides aren’t great but it’s a heck of alot better than what it was.
All I can say is carnivore has been delivering what I have read and watched about.

deerninja

FNG
Why not just maintain a natural diet while you consume the correct amount of calories for the rest of your existence? Meanwhile work at a good fitness program of flexibility, strength, aerobic capacity and get your caloric deficit thru exercise.
I agree, it's amusing to hear and see all of this heavily marketed nonsense and how serious and far people take it. Simple facts: EVERYONE's body is different, Science is flawed, Its not hard to eat healthy and get some exercise each day....go with God; take care of yourself mentally and physically and that's all you need, everything else will fall into place.

Teaman1

WKR
Day 29 of my carnivore journey and my biggest question has been answered. I’m down 18 pounds to 309 pounds, my waist is down 2.5”.
Now my big concern was my bloodwork specifically cholesterol and triglycerides. Today we had a health screen at work for insurance purposes and I was very surprised.
No fasting
Total cholesterol is 147
Hdl is 35
Ldl is 70
Glucose is 80
Blood pressure is 120/80
This is shocking to me all my cholesterols are low now to the point I was told to raise my hdl. My triglycerides aren’t great but it’s a heck of alot better than what it was.
All I can say is carnivore has been delivering what I have read and watched about.
I like seeing the reported blood work numbers. That’s what I’m most curious about with this diet

bdan68

WKR
No fasting
Total cholesterol is 147
Hdl is 35
Ldl is 70
Glucose is 80
Blood pressure is 120/80

For cholesterol you're supposed to be fasted, so the numbers you have there really aren't valid.

180ls1

WKR
"I don't love diets like the carnivore diet, but it is way worse to be a fat f*ck"
-my buddy who is a family doctor

Yup. The biggest benefit of most diets comes from the weight loss itself, not so much the properties of the diet.

bdan68

WKR
Yup. The biggest benefit of most diets comes from the weight loss itself, not so much the properties of the diet.
Actually a big benefit is also getting proper nutrition, which you don't get from the standard American diet. Weight loss is really just a secondary benefit that comes from being healthy.

180ls1

WKR
Actually a big benefit is also getting proper nutrition, which you don't get from the standard American diet. Weight loss is really just a secondary benefit that comes from being healthy.

I can appreciate improving macros/micros but weight really is king, generally speaking. Way too many fatties talking about micro/macro-nutrient this or that when the best thing they could do is lose weight.

Last edited:

Duh

WKR
"I don't love diets like the carnivore diet, but it is way worse to be a fat f*ck"
-my buddy who is a family doctor
What’s interesting is a lot of doctors opinions or thought on carnivore in general. How can they say this way of eating isn’t healthy if there hasn’t been any real long term studies on it. Let alone, have a legitimate opinion without legit experience with the way of eating in general.

In a way it seems similar to the guys that say the .224/.243 calibers are unethical/incapable of effectively killing animals, without having personal experience killing with said caliber.

For the guys saying that you just need diet and exercise, I agree to a certain extent. However, before I went all in on carnivore, I had completely quit drinking and went the traditional diet route. Even in a caloric deficit, I still felt like garbage and weight stuck around. Granted I didn’t have a whole lot to lose in general but it still wasn’t close to the results or performance I knew I should have been obtaining. Carnivore changed that completely and I’ve never felt better.

I think this way of eating works better for some and is a beneficial thing to try. It’s not going to work for most but I sure as shit won’t take any health advice from some bitch tit, skinny fat, or obese doctor. Especially the ones pushing ozempic and other metrical weight loss drugs.