CarbonSix Holiday Sale Order Status

finner

Lil-Rokslider
I finally said uncle and ordered a Tikka prefit from UM so I'll have time for load development and practice before August caribou. Two week turnaround for threading and chambering an Ace #3, they would have done it in a week except for Cerakote. Carbon six can kick rocks, that barrel is going in the classifieds

I finally said uncle and ordered a Tikka prefit from UM so I'll have time for load development and practice before August caribou. Two week turnaround for threading and chambering an Ace #3, they would have done it in a week except for Cerakote. Carbon six can kick rocks, that barrel is going in the classifieds
That’s good to know. That’s quick turn around and a quality barrel.

Why are lead times so crazy and why keep having sales ?
Because I’m gone I’m guessing, very small shop nobody really working there very hard time finding people to do the job. They are located in a bad area if you ask me. When I left they were down to about three people with no machining experience. Pay sucked and environment sucked. As far as the sales go I think they are just doing whatever they can to keep the money rolling in and hoping to figure it all out

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Because I’m gone I’m guessing, very small shop nobody really working there very hard time finding people to do the job. They are located in a bad area if you ask me. When I left they were down to about three people with no machining experience. Pay sucked and environment sucked. As far as the sales go I think they are just doing whatever they can to keep the money rolling in and hoping to figure it all out
Thanks for the insight @BMONSTER42069. How long ago did you leave. I’m hoping things have improved for our sake.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Don't bet the farm on that lead time either.

finner

Lil-Rokslider
Don't bet the farm on that lead time either.
I won't, but they did tell me that they have plenty of capacity on the chambering side in comparison to their other departments. They also were readily available on the phone and willing to make promises, as compared to C6, which won't return phone calls or even give you a ballpark estimate when you do get ahold of them.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I won't, but they did tell me that they have plenty of capacity on the chambering side in comparison to their other departments. They also were readily available on the phone and willing to make promises, as compared to C6, which won't return phone calls or even give you a ballpark estimate when you do get ahold of them.
Gotcha. Chambering must be a different crew than the action machining (or they got caught up). They answer the phone fine but I was supposed to have an action back a month ago and this isn't the time of year that delays are easy to stomach.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Talk about a shit show... I had a 30 Nos done by them that ended up being way off spec. They lost my order to begin with, then rushed it to me after I brought it to their attention. Then I was blowing primer pockets and had heavy bolt lift with mild loads. All my fired brass was coming out shorter than SAAMI headspace minimums. I sent the barreled action in for inspection and they held it forever. After some pestering they offered to replace it. I had them send me a blank... Just got it. Probably send to UM for chambering. Might sell it and go a different direction.

Talk about a shit show... I had a 30 Nos done by them that ended up being way off spec. They lost my order to begin with, then rushed it to me after I brought it to their attention. Then I was blowing primer pockets and had heavy bolt lift with mild loads. All my fired brass was coming out shorter than SAAMI headspace minimums. I sent the barreled action in for inspection and they held it forever. After some pestering they offered to replace it. I had them send me a blank... Just got it. Probably send to UM for chambering. Might sell it and go a different direction.
From what I’ve been told after I left the rest of the guys did aswell only like 5 total ha

Pac-Nor is a great alternative. I had them re-barrel and true a Kimber Montana in 6.5x55SE. It's a shooter and the lead time was great. I think it ended up being 9 weeks door to door. I have a C6 for a Savage small shank in 6.5 PRC sitting in my gun safe. Brand new, got it middle of last year, never installed. If anybody is interested, let me know. I've also used McGowen and X-Caliber with great results. I have a savage in 280AI with a X-Caliber carbon barrel. Shoots great, not sure if I'll go carbon fiber in the future. I haven't realized any advantages.