Carbon 6 Tikka pre-fit

Lawnboi

WKR
I've said it before, I'll say it again - Patriot Valley Arms is great. I just had my third prefit installed and it headspaced correctly, and the machining is fantastic to my untrained eye - at least it's nothing like the above photo. They now offer a carbon option too.

They are also on the money with their turnaround times (6 weeks for a steel barrel, idk what it is for carbon, but I doubt it's as long as carbon six).

Iv had the same experience with PVA now on two tikka prefits. I will be buying more.

mt100gr.

WKR
I am half tempted to order a barrel I know that I want from PVA right now! I hadn't planned on ordering it for a while, but sounds like PVA is firing on all 8 cylinders right now while most others are slipping...

maca

FNG
I am a noob to tikka, but have one that’s all factory.

is there any reason to go with carbon6 over a proof research? I have proof carbon on an AR and it’s awesome.

Tahoe1305

WKR

is there any reason to go with carbon6 over a proof research? I have proof carbon on an AR and it’s awesome.
Cheaper, especially during sales (my last one was $640 shipped prefit threaded) . I think easier direct custom chambering options, IMO the lightest profile in CF (there may be some others close) with featherweight. Wait typically 3-4 months (some proof are in stock but typically not prefits).

If you don’t care about a few hundred $ and aren’t looking for a prefit. I’d go proof.

Proof and Carbon 6 aren’t even close in quality, Proof blows them out of the water.

The only other CF barrel I’d buy would be a Bartlein.

EcoastDG

FNG
I have three Carbon Six barrels and one Proof Barrel. The Carbon Six barrels have all been fine for hunting thus far, especially my 7 Rem Mag. It puts 180 Eldms (Unknown Munitions) into one ragged hole.
The Proof is on my main hunting rifle (300 win mag) and it has been pretty consistent with both factory and reloaded ammunition.
I have Carbon 6 7mm PRC set to be delivered next week. I’m hoping I receive another good barrel with no issues.
The Carbon 6 customer service stories are enough for me to start looking in another direction.

OP
J

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately no one locally has go no go gauges in 7PRC
My bad I know better, but honestly never had a pre-fit problem before ( checked ) with gauges
I ordered some gauges
Update
Received go no go gauges this morning, the barrel I received is not in spec, go gauge won’t even come close to fitting

bow puller

Lil-Rokslider
Proof, Bartlein and PVA are who I would buy a carbon barrel from right now if I didnt want to gamble saving a few bucks.

I've only had proof for carbon but the other two will not put their name on it without being 99.9% sure it's perfect and that other .1% they'll make right.

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Damn I’m worried as well, ordered a barrel mid December and I’m still waiting….. I was hoping to have it ready before a bear hunt in may

EcoastDG

FNG
I received my 7 prc barrel today. I checked headspace and I cannot close the go guage either.I might try taking the ejector pin out and trying again. I’ve never had to do that with any of my other prefits.

TxLite

WKR
My 7 prc came out perfect but I just screwed a 7-08 barrel on for my buddy today. Bolt would barely close on factory eld-x.

42C28155-8976-4F34-9743-23CEA3594CC2.jpeg

TxLite

WKR
Assuming that’s the PRC on the scale. Either way what’s the specs (profile and length?)
That’s the 7-08.

18” C6 sendero
Blued Tikka LA
Stocky’s VG2
Waiting on his keymo brake and Accupoint 2.5-12.5 to come in

Tahoe1305

WKR
That’s the 7-08.

18” C6 sendero
Blued Tikka LA
Stocky’s VG2
Waiting on his keymo brake and Accupoint 2.5-12.5 to come in
Awesome thanks.

I have a 20” featherweight 7wsm that should be here anytime. Assuming will be very close in weight (using VG stock as well but have the Ti handle that’s a few oz less).

TxLite

WKR
Awesome thanks.

I have a 20” featherweight 7wsm that should be here anytime. Assuming will be very close in weight (using VG stock as well but have the Ti handle that’s a few oz less).
I haven’t it shot one yet, but after handling it I really like that VG stock. I just ordered one to replace the Mesa on my featherweight 7 prc.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I haven’t it shot one yet, but after handling it I really like that VG stock. I just ordered one to replace the Mesa on my featherweight 7 prc.
Yeah I’ve had and shot the sporter version from them a bit. It’s solid and a few oz lighter. This will likely be a better handling version for what I’m guessing is a heavy recoiling 5.5lb gun.