Capitol Armory Trust Correction by ATF

TheCougar

WKR
For those of you with a trust through capital armory, after several months of digging and communicating with the various agencies, I found out the reason for the hangup with the trust forms. I received an email today from capital armory with a corrected updated trust language because the ATF wouldn’t approve the previous version of their legal agreement. For those of you with a capital armory trust you may want to read below to see if this is why you have been getting a delayed approval on a trust from CA.

Recently, the ATF decided that a sentence within our Trust, “to examine or use NFA items with the supervision of a Trustee..”, offers additional rights to people other than Trustees. Beneficiaries under our Trust do not meet the ATF definition of a responsible party set for by the ATF, and the right to use or examine them under the supervision of a Trustee does not elevate them to a responsible party. While their legal team agreed verbally that our Trust is correct under the law, they have concluded that the verbiage should not be in writing.

That said, the ATF requested that we remove that verbiage, and we have done so and supplied it to the ATF.
Good News—The ATF is reviewing your Form 4 application; we should have an approval shortly! If you submit another Form 4 in the future, it will have the correction requested by the ATF.

Bad News - The ATF sent you an email, and we corrected it.

If you’d like a copy of your Trust with the adjusted text, you may download it from your customer profile”

Last edited:
Ooof… That sucks. Hopefully your form 4 gets approved soon.

I’ve got two “single shot” trusts through silencerco now. No issues.

SloppyJ

WKR
I have an individual through CA from March and two more through SS from April. Waiting on all of them. Atf sucks.