Cancelled my Amazon account

Jeff Bezos Donates $100 Million to Obama Foundation

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos donated $100 million to the Obama Foundation on Monday.

Bezos’ contribution is the largest individual donation ever gifted to the Obama Foundation.

“Freedom fighters deserve a special place in the pantheon of heroes, and I can’t think of a more fitting person to honor with this gift than John Lewis, a great American leader and a man of extraordinary decency and courage,” Bezos said in a statement. “I’m thrilled to support President and Mrs. Obama and their Foundation in its mission to train and inspire tomorrow’s leaders.”

Jarrett continued, “What’s more, Mr. Bezos’ generous unrestricted gift will enable us to help train a new generation of leaders through programs including the Girls Opportunity Alliance, My Brother’s Keeper, and our Global Leaders Program, while also supporting the Foundation’s Hometown Fund, which invests in the expansion of economic development opportunities for residents of Chicago’s South Side.”

Squirrels

WKR
I did not renew mine this week when it came time. Many reasons, the biggest though is after I learned at how big of a discount people with EBT cards or Medicaid get on a prime membership. Pissed me off and I actually called Amazon about it. They said they do that because they want everyone to have access to Amazon Prime. If that's not discriminating against a working, tax paying man I don't know what is. Complete BS and made my choice easy. If you are reading this and have an EBT card or Medicaid and this offends, I'm sorry you let yourself get offended by it. Get yourself out of that situation and you won't be offended anymore. :ROFLMAO:

dtrkyman

WKR
Many reasons to cancel, millions to keep. I hate to say it but I am keeping mine for now, I hate going to the store and there are no ma and pa shops left at this point here.

I have bailed on many, REI and Dick's to name a couple.

When I was staying in the sticks I couldn't imagine not using it.

I think we all need to make a stand against these companies before it’s too late. Regardless of how easy they make our lives, I can wait a few extra days for shipping or wait to buy in stores. They already have too much power/pull and have shown us over and over again how evil they are. Amazon, PayPal, Facebook, etc. are all anti 2A and freedom hating Anti America companies. we need to support pro 2A America loving companies before we loose our country.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
Going to a big box home improvement or discount store on the weekends. Christmas shopping in person?
No way Jose.
Jeff is my hero.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
I've had an Amazon account for years. My wife and I do over 200 orders a year with them. I too cannot stand Bezos, and had cancelled my account twice in the past in protest. All I ended up doing was cutting my nose to spite my face. Shopping on Amazon has made our lives much easier. As much as it pisses me off, it makes our life better.

Sapcut

WKR
So for the AntiAmazonians, what are the top go to places or sites as the next best thing to Amazon? eBay, random website dealers?

zacattack

WKR
I miss prime tv but I cancelled my Amazon account not too long after January 6th and all the crap that happened with Parler. I wasn’t doing much buying on it anyhow, there’s gotten to be so much knockoff Chinese crap to wade through I got tired of it.

So for the AntiAmazonians, what are the top go to places or sites as the next best thing to Amazon? eBay, random website dealers?
I dropped Amazon after the Parlor thing. I don't have an account there (or any other "social media") but I realized how terrible their influence has become for America and freedom. It's a small sacrifice to make but if everyone who Bezos is screwing over did the same it would be a different country quickly.

I use Walmart.com now and buy directly from manufacturers. The Walmart search engine is crap compared to Amazon but has improved a lot in the past 6 months. I still use amazon to find products, they are all about the same with about the same prices. I miss the digital content but oh well, less tv never killed anyone. My family hasn't been too stoked on the idea but they're used to my grumpy, stubborn ways. What a world, where shopping at Walmart is going with the little guy.

I didn't stop there: Netflix won't get any more money from me, as of about a year ago. I also dropped godaddy as the host of my business website when they dropped ar15.com. We're taking a tip to FL soon but the big mouse has gotten his last dollar from me. I'm not digging to find issues with suppliers, I'm very pragmatic, but when they jamb it down my throat I stop buying. These dirt bags hate us, why would I give them money?