Canada US border open?!?!

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I 100% agree with thinhorn!! I don't understand why keeping food on Canada outfitters tables is not essential travel. At the very least if you have received the Vaccine you should be let into either country.

Well even though numbers are going down and the vaccine is rolling out the media is discussing the 280th wave that we still need to be cautious over.

I’m sure we will get to the summer and numbers will look better .........then like a sucker punch we will find out about wave number 5000 and the deadly south Jersey variant

homers

WKR
If a person has received the vaccine, or can otherwise prove they have antibodies, there is no reason beyond politics to deny entry.
I don't necessarily disagree but I'm not sure many countries are going to accept that logic yet. There is some concerns that, even at 95% effective, that leaves 5% vulnerable. Also, how long does protection last (either from vaccine or antibodies) and need more data if someone who has been vaccinated or has antibodies can still transmit to someone else.

At the beginning of all of this, I recall there being discussion around an "immunity card" for anyone who had recovered from the virus. Now that people are actually being vaccinated, I am surprised that no one has come up with such a program. Folks who have had the vaccine have a card with the stamps and dates on it, and folks who have antibodies can print out their test results from their blood test.....seems like a centralized database should be able to crank out cards with one of the above submitted and verified.

Laramie

WKR
I don't necessarily disagree but I'm not sure many countries are going to accept that logic yet. There is some concerns that, even at 95% effective, that leaves 5% vulnerable. Also, how long does protection last (either from vaccine or antibodies) and need more data if someone who has been vaccinated or has antibodies can still transmit to someone else.

Many places already are. Especially the ones that are good at math and realize the small % the virus is actually impacting.

Squincher

WKR
At the beginning of all of this, I recall there being discussion around an "immunity card" for anyone who had recovered from the virus. Now that people are actually being vaccinated, I am surprised that no one has come up with such a program. Folks who have had the vaccine have a card with the stamps and dates on it, and folks who have antibodies can print out their test results from their blood test.....seems like a centralized database should be able to crank out cards with one of the above submitted and verified.

I can do without a centralized database for health information, thank you very much.

I can do without a centralized database for health information, thank you very much.
Not for all Healthcare records, just for the purpose of cranking out immunity cards. Centralized in the sense that they can verify any vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer, jnj, etc) or any blood test regardless of lab or network. I get your point, but you have to realize the people keeping things shut have no problem keeping them shut indefinitely.....how does it end? Love to hear another solution/recommendation that is realistic given who is calling the shots right now.....

Squincher

WKR
Not for all Healthcare records, just for the purpose of cranking out immunity cards. Centralized in the sense that they can verify any vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer, jnj, etc) or any blood test regardless of lab or network. I get your point, but you have to realize the people keeping things shut have no problem keeping them shut indefinitely.....how does it end? Love to hear another solution/recommendation that is realistic given who is calling the shots right now.....

I don't think it will end until enough people get fed up with it, because I really don't think this is going away, vaccine or no vaccine.

I don't think it will end until enough people get fed up with it, because I really don't think this is going away, vaccine or no vaccine.
What do you mean, "enough people get fed up"...that those in power will get fed up with it and say OK you can all go back to normal now?

Or do you mean "the people" rise up?

Squincher

WKR
What do you mean, "enough people get fed up"...that those in power will get fed up with it and say OK you can all go back to normal now?

Or do you mean "the people" rise up?

I mean people will either vote out the current regimes or simply stop obeying the restrictions in enough numbers nothing can be done about it.

Laramie

WKR
I mean people will either vote out the current regimes or simply stop obeying the restrictions in enough numbers nothing can be done about it.
Or enough people apply enough pressure on the elected officials to cause them to reconsider their stance. The general public won't have the patience for this a whole lot longer from what I have seen but we will see.

I have seen nothing in the past 12 months from the American public to make me think they are going to do anything but obey. I hear and see alot of tough talk, but the only people apparently willing to take action are the ones burning, looting, and rioting.

I'd rather get an immunity card and go hunting than wait on some potential uprising or political tide to turn. I think the election process just showed us we are moving in the wrong direction

homers

WKR
I have seen nothing in the past 12 months from the American public to make me think they are going to do anything but obey. I hear and see alot of tough talk, but the only people apparently willing to take action are the ones burning, looting, and rioting.

I'd rather get an immunity card and go hunting than wait on some potential uprising or political tide to turn. I think the election process just showed us we are moving in the wrong direction
Agree, most people are too busy just trying to work, raise kids, etc and aren't going to do anything but comply.

Squincher

WKR

We can only wait to see how it plays out. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think this virus is going away. Something will have to give eventually and your guess is as good as mine as to what it will be.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if they do open the border up before hunting season if this is the plan of the Canadian government no one will be able to go on a hunting trip and comply with these rules. Enter Canada, get tested, quarantine 14 days, get retested. Everything is a guess but I would be shocked to see a reasonable reopening until spring 2022.

This is going to destroy Canada outfitters across the board. Many will not be able to take another hit this year. I really wonder if the government wants that to happen????? It believes they do.