Can You Feel It?

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
It is approaching..the time we all prepare for, long for and anticipate. As we all make our final preparations, checking gear lists and putting in the hours on Google earth, scouring maps and other resources.. It seems almost palpable to me. The mornings are getting cooler, the sun setting sooner, all signs that our time is coming. My mind is constantly churning, visualizing the shot, even down to settling my pin on the roman nosed monarch of my dreams, watching in slow motion as my arrow connects and he takes his final steps. Dreams will be fulfilled and some crushed, by the smallest of margins perhaps, maybe a slight change of a mountain thermal or the glancing of an arrow from a small branch. But either way, it's coming. I'm leaving soon to help a friend hopefully fill the bull tag of his dreams in the Central Washington Basin Then its off for a 8 day back country Mule Deer hunt with my best friend. So here's to the hours spent behind glass, the miles put on scouting and the perfect plan coming together. I'll see you on the other side! Good Luck and God bless fellas!

Feel it through my bones. Except it's still heat here in KS. 101* today with 70% humidity, but where I'll be in 10 days, was 41* this morning with a high of 69 for today. I'm the least productive person I know these days.

I really felt it yesterday. Someone broke into my truck in my driveway and stole my bowcase with my PSE DNA SP and all of my archery gear, plus my binoculars. Scrambling for a backup plan. I just had the DNA SP supertuned, too. I hope the bastards dry fire it and cut themselves real deep.

I'm getting fired up. Your post definitely added fuel.

Rucker - sorry man, that's a shitty deal. Hope karma catches up with those bastards real soon.

Damn that sucks Rucker. I hope they catch them. I hope you come up with a back up plan. If I had a spare bow I would send it to you.
Good luck.

I leave Thursday after work for two weeks of chasing elk in Co. Now that I have caught a stupid cold at the worst possible time I have been drinking OJ and sleeping. Lol

Back