Cantabrian Chamois ( rifle and bow)

Suera

FNG
The story started when my friend Cristian call me, Hey man what about going in two weeks for Chamois I want to try hunt one with the bow. Ok Cristain we can plan it , in these dates the chamois are low due to the snow in the big peaks and they go down to eat the grass, it seems it will be the best moment. The week before the hunt, bad news, the weather forecast say that a big storm is coming, but my friend usually is very busy in his work and only had this weekend for hunt.
The hunting day arrive and the weather was horrible, lots of wind, smoggy and raining. We spotted the first Cantabrian chamois herd, is a small group with a Nice billy, but we continue spotting, is very difficult due to the fog and rain. We decide rest a little to let pass the storm. After two hours the storm start to disappear, and finally we can spot more open area.
My friend found a big herd of chamois, about 25 of them, there are 3 big boys. We decide the approach, they are very near an area with lof ot bush, the wind is hard but good for us, the terrain is very wet due to the rain but this play in our favour because they can't listen us. When we are close like 100 yards to the big boys suddenly I watch something moving into the bush, is a very big chamois, very white, fu...k is a very old female. I show it to my friend the nany is only 60 yards, but the shoot with the bow is imposible we haven't a good angle. We relocate our position very slowly, but now we don't watch the animals, decide wait a little because we think the female is eating in our direction. Yes it is there I watch the white skin , it's only 30 yards. My friend open the bow and shoot, the shoot was perfect I watch like the arrow hit the nany in the music box. But is not time to celebrate it because the herd is running but they run to open country, my rangefinder show 300 yards im watching one of the big boys , I decide to shoot it with my rifle and the work is done, the chamois fall into his shadow.
Now is the time, to celebrate it, we go to the female is a monster in body size and very old, awesome. The billy is also very nice, gold medal, but the body is smaller than the female haha amazing 😂.
Finally we go to eat local food " cocido" to enter in heat and the day is finished.

Attachments

• IMG-20230108-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20230108-WA0037.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20230108-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20230108-WA0043.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20230108-WA0048.jpg
    IMG-20230108-WA0048.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 19