Can you beat the Rock Chucker Supreme?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Is there anything else out there in sub 200 range that is better than the chucker? My cheap single stage just isn’t getting it done for precision seating and it’s time to start looking for something that can get me a little more consistency. Would like to stay under 200 unless there is a very good reason to go higher. I’m looking for a single stage only.

WKR

WKR
Haven't tried the rock chucker but I have the newer rcbs rebel press and its very consistent and solidly built. Also if you are an OnX elite member you get 25% off all rcbs products.

BBob

WKR
Lee Classic Cast. Used by many custom bullet makers because of it's low cost, tight tolerance in alignment/straightness of the ram to the die. Cheap to buy, large ram. I have one as a second press and use it mostly for seating purposes. People tend to look down on Lee a lot but they have some good products especially comparing cost to effectiveness.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like my rock chucker, it’s basic but I’ve never had a single issue with it, I’ve been able to load nice accurate, consistent Ammo for all
My rifles with it.

WKR

WKR
How do you get the discount?

Just make sure to log in on the OnX website. Then click the link it will redirect you to the rcbs website. Then You should see the 25% off in the cart.

For resizing brass, I still use my 1972 RCBS JR2 single stage and it will last my lifetime.

I also use arbor press with force pack for seating bullets which has several advantages.

JRMiller

WKR
I must be the oddball cause i bought a rockchucker to replace a Lee and returned within about 100 rounds.
Then tried the Summit. Returned it immediately.
Ended up getting another Lee.
No complaints

I'm under the impression the Redding T7 is the way to go. At least if 3 calibers is your limit. That way you set the dies and leave them in the press and there is not minute differences in how much you tighten the die each time.

Zappaman

WKR
When I toured Sierra three years back, I got to meet the ballisticians who test sample output from the production line. I was surprised to see an RCBS Jr. press mounted on their bench. I asked if they still used it and they confirmed it was the press the most often used for rifle bullet tests. They explained the important thing was keeping the shell holders and dies very clean as the press had little to do with accuracy and that the Jr had been in use since the 70s.

I have the 50 cal RCBS AmmoMaster press and it replaced my old Jr. which I now know I was fine with (unless I needed 50 cal rounds anyway ;)

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
When I toured Sierra three years back, I got to meet the ballisticians who test sample output from the production line. I was surprised to see an RCBS Jr. press mounted on their bench. I asked if they still used it and they confirmed it was the press the most often used for rifle bullet tests. They explained the important thing was keeping the shell holders and dies very clean as the press had little to do with accuracy and that the Jr had been in use since the 70s.

I have the 50 cal RCBS AmmoMaster press and it replaced my old Jr. which I now know I was fine with (unless I needed 50 cal rounds anyway ;)
Surprised no one brought this up before. I don't doubt there's variances in press qualities but it's worth mentioning one RCBS seater I used a lot varied CBTO .010"+. I cleaned that thing every group along with the shell holder but it didn't matter. Other seaters have done a lot better in it's place.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Mec Marksman I paid 189 for it and its an excellent press. The ammo I ve loaded on it shoots .1/.2 in my 280 AI.
I also added the Hornady locknload bushing to the press so I can set my dies and forget about them,.

Wrench

WKR
I bought the RC supreme kit in 1994 for $89.00. I just sold the scale that came with the kit for $65.00.

So measly 25 bux for 30 years of service....shot at least 300# of powder since.....and I have no desire to touch a lee press.

Jpete

FNG
I have a Mec Marksman I paid 189 for it and its an excellent press. The ammo I ve loaded on it shoots .1/.2 in my 280 AI.
I also added the Hornady locknload bushing to the press so I can set my dies and forget about them,.
I had been using my Redding Boss since 1988, I decided to buy a new press this year. I was going to buy a Forester but could not find one and went with a Marksman. It is a very nice press with a floating shell holder, and made in the U.S. . I was looking at all brands and found out that all the RCBS presses are made in China, I eliminated them immediately.