Can a newbie even tell?

OP
C
Most rookies would be fine with a pair of Diamondback HD for $250. I still use a pair of them for my truck binos.
I'm running Diamondbacks right now. They're fine but do have issues with fogging and focus at times when I start looking at some further areas. But I do spend time glassing some fairly big country. 1-2 miles at least. Seems like something in that $1000-$1300 range would be a beyond fair upgrade. Thanks for the input so far everybody.
Does anybody have thoughts on Razor HDs vs Maven B.2s?

Idagnome

FNG
I'm running Diamondbacks right now. They're fine but do have issues with fogging and focus at times when I start looking at some further areas. But I do spend time glassing some fairly big country. 1-2 miles at least. Seems like something in that $1000-$1300 range would be a beyond fair upgrade. Thanks for the input so far everybody.
Does anybody have thoughts on Razor HDs vs Maven B.2s?
I ran diamondbacks for two years then stepped up to maven c.2’s. It was a great upgrade and doesn’t break the bank as much as the b series will. I looked through b.2’s and couldn’t really tell the difference so figured I’d save some money for now.

Rock-o

WKR
nope, you don't know what ya don't know.

That's not very clear, so I'll try to help...

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

- [Former] United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

Felix40

WKR
I don’t think the alpha glass is worth it for anyone until you get into spotters or maybe if you have a lot of disposable income. I have a pair of $300 maven 8x42s and a $1000 pair of sig 15x56s. Sitting side by side with someone who is using swaros, I will find as much game and be able to see as much detail as they can.

Three friends on a mule deer hunt this year and we switched around vortex razors, sigs, and swaros. The swaros might be better looking at charts and in tests but in the real world with fog, heat waves, imperfect lighting, I wouldn’t pay any extra for them.

mattg45

FNG
The way I understand it is the biggest difference is at dusk and dawn. You'll notice the difference beyond that save some coin.