Calories per day?

Power through! I have found the honey stinger protein bars to be more palatable day after day than the builder bars.

littlebuf

Banned
how are you doing with the chalkyness of your 5th or 6th builders bar? just power through it or ?

i just muscle um down.like i said Ive subscribed to the mind set that i'm not back there to eat real good or sleep real comfy.don't need to be miserable but it isn't going to be the ritz either. Ive got a bit of a sweet tooth so i always go a little heavy on the chocolate and peanut butter flavors of all those types of bars and then its not to bad. the pure protein ones are tougher for me but they give you pretty good bang for there weight.honestly the toughest thing for me to eat is a mountain house at the end of the day.i have very little appetite after a few days hunting to begin with and those things are hard to finish sometimes. i was going to experiment with life caps this year to cut back on food but i just didn't have time with my work schedule.

I carry between 2600-3000 per day. Menu looks like this

Breakfast
2 oatmeal packets with 1 scoop of syntha 6 chocolate protein (eaten cold)

Snacks
Clif Shot blocks
2 Archer farm individual packs of fruit leather
Stinger Waffle
Clif Builder bar
Kars Individual trail mix packs (2)
Snickers (only carrying 4)

Lunch
Idahoan potatoes with spam in a pouch
Tuna in a pouch with triscuits
Salmon in a pouch with triscuits

Dinner
Mountain house
FBC food
BP cheesecake and chocolate pie

Hydration:
Wilderness athlete hydrate and recover

Each day of food varies, because I have variety but they are all over 2600 calories a day and the packs with cheesecake and deserts are around 3000. I'm a big boy so I eat, even if I'm not hungry I'll eat. And I'm probably going to lose 5-7 lbs in 10 days eating 3k calories a day. I pack each days food in a gallon ziploc and have other items packed in their own separate bags inside the gallon ziploc. for 10 days of food I come in at 19.5 lbs. The tuna packs and salmon packs weigh quite a bit compared to the other food and the calories they give, but I like to eat somewhat like I do when I'm not hunting it helps me go further and harder when I'm not running on all dehydrated trail food and fruit leather.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I'm bringing 2200 this year. Last year I took 2300 and brought back most of my oatmeal and dumped out my gagging potato powders. I hit a wall and I attribute it to lack of fuel.

Rizzy

WKR
Using the my fitness pal app I found out that I should be eating about 4000 or more calories per day. I packed that much just to see and I couldn't eat it all. I think I came back fatter than I was when I left. 2200 to 2500 is about what I can eat in a day.

These days I aim for about 2000 cal per day. Technically my body probably needs more, closer to 3000 cal per day, but the reality is that on a trip lasting only a few days, my body can not get used to consuming that much food; I've tried.

my daily meals run 2500-3000, with a couple days in between. certain days with lots of elevation gain (like 5300) and long packouts back down that 5300, i will eat all that 3000. hoping to get by on less on the glassing and basin hopping days with 25-2700. last year i lost like 1lb per day. this year with a 10day trip, although i wouldnt mind losing that much weight, i know it should not come off that fast...

How long do you guys think the toasted bagel, peanut butter, bacon, honey sandwich will last in the woods? My hunting partner assures me they will still be fine on day nine. What has been your experience?

KHNC

WKR
In a vacuum seal they will last a month easy! I know this to be a fact. Honey is great preservative.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2