Calling all geeks! Printer acting up

I have an Epson 2700 eco-tank that’s about five years old. The counter says it’s run about 3500 sheets. It’s starting to do this thing where it stopped in the middle of a job, spits out a blank sheet of paper, and locks up. It’s also cutting the top off of many pages when I print. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason but it’s doing it a lot lately. With that page count is it just wore out?

I’ve tried updating the printer software. Reloading the printer driver. Shutting down and restarting the computer. Shutting down and restarting the printer. None of that seems to make any difference.

A new 2800 model it’s 200 bucks. I hate to just throw it away if there’s something I can do to fix it.

edit: I’m running it using an iMac that also about five years old.

tony

WKR
Take it to Best Buy, recycle it and get a new one

Have you tried to "reset" the printer cartridges - The rail the cartridges set in and ride on?
Try cleaning the printer heads?
At 5 years old, there should be a program on your PC that came with the printer, or go to Epson and search out 2700 and download one. It will do the above for you.

I'm no expert, just dicked with enough of them to know they aren't worth it after a few years.

Printers is the only technology that has gotten worse in 20 years.

Well cellphone coverage keeps getting worse.

3g seemed as good as cellular. 4g was worse, but ok, then came LTE.

Now that we supposedly have 5g my phone just doesn’t ring.

Currently showing 3 bars of 4gLTE. If it jumps to 5g nothing happens.

Faster speeds for a smaller coverage area.

Bag phones worked better than this smart phone.

CorbLand

WKR

Mines gotten better.

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Like tony said above, see if there is a reset printerhead option and recalibrate

Not to derail this, but I'd just suggest turning 5G off on your phone depending what phone you have. I do this with my iphone now that we have a 5G tower. Certain areas it jumps to 5G but is terrible service compared to the LTE

LostArra

WKR
My 92 year old mother had a printer doing the same kind of stuff. Her generation really hates to throw anything away but I finally convinced her to spend $100 on a new basic printer that I just plugged in and it works perfectly. She's still a little miffed that it doesn't have any buttons or on/off switches she can mess with.

Cell phone and internet service: you pay 100% of the bill but get about 80% of the service.

Like tony said above, see if there is a reset printerhead option and recalibrate

Not to derail this, but I'd just suggest turning 5G off on your phone depending what phone you have. I do this with my iphone now that we have a 5G tower. Certain areas it jumps to 5G but is terrible service compared to the LTE

I spent a little while trying to figure that out, as it would jump constantly like a second hand from 5g to 4lte, but I think smart phone might be smarter than I.