Cabela’s Wooltimate Clothing Initial Review

I came across a good deal on some Cabela’s Wooltimate Mens clothing (pants & pullover). After walking around outside in the 36 degree morning chill the clothing seems very thick (heavy), well made, and definitely kept the wind chill out.

With this said, I haven’t used Kuiu or Sitka (too frugal) therefore, this review isn’t a comparison to that camo lineup. However, for someone looking for quality clothing I’d would endorse the Cabela’s Wooltimate clothing line.

MThuntr

WKR
I have Wooltimate pants and jacket...way too heavy for an active hunter but great for sitting still. They pick up houndstongue seeds like nobody's business.

I have Wooltimate pants and jacket...way too heavy for an active hunter but great for sitting still. They pick up houndstongue seeds like nobody's business.
Pretty much the same experience.

I've have or had FL and Sitka stuff and they tend to be much lighter but keep similar warmth performance.

But for the money, Wooltimate is great stuff and I'll have mine probably forever.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
I use my wooltimate pants and either my wooltimate coat or Cabelas Whitetail coat during late deer in Montana when the temp is below 0 and the wind is blowing. For those times it is the best stuff I have found wears like iron. When it gets above 0 I switch to Kryptek Vellus coat and pants or Vellus coat and Cadog 2 pants. Then when it gets above about 25 I go to my KUIU guide pants. I have the wooltimate coat and pullover both, that is what I miss the most about Cabelas was getting rid of that line of clothing. I wanted one more pair of those pants in the brown camo.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I had the pants and jacket 2 years ago and I think I sold it within a month. Could not stand the fit on them and I got cold in it. Shame because I love the outfitter camo.

Razkul99

FNG
I have used wooltimate numerous times and for still hunting it is exceptional. When I am doing a lot of moving, I opt for the wooltimate vest over Sitka gear. YMMV.

Snow too. I was wearing mine on a camping trip in Montana weekend before last and every time I kneeled down in them the Wooltimates I had a big clump of snow on the knee. Aside from that, they’re very warm and they fit me well (6’5”, 215lbs, LT jacket, L pants). Kind of heavy compared to some of the higher end gear though.

Think of them this way: buy Sitka or Kuiu you’re throwing money at the problem, buy the Wooltimates and you’re throwing weight at it.