bullet selection for mountain goat

Superx3

FNG
150 gr accubond long range at 3100 fps out of my 270wsm for me in a few weeks. Wife is shooting 129 lrx for moose and possible goat.

Chiming in late, but I took my first goat with a 127gr LRX from a 6.5 CM (partner followed up a second later with a 180gr Partition from his .300 WM). Both shots were in the lungs, just behind the shoulder. That billy took a few steps and fell. My second was with two 168gr TTSXs from a .30-06, first through the lungs, and my second shot went a tad high and broke the spine. He fell, but thankfully toward me and in recoverable country.
This year's goat I took with one shot from a 6.5 CM, 140gr Tipped Gameking, dropped on the spot.

I'll second what others said about making sure you shoot a goat where you can recover said goat.

LightFoot

WKR
** This will be my first mountain goat hunt. I'm between the 7 prc and the 300 win, what bullets are you guys using?

Any factory load in the 7PRC will be incredibly effective on Mt. Goat.

If I were using my 300 Win, I would shoot Federal 185 Bergers or hand loaded 200 ELDXs, because that’s what the rifle likes.

I would tend to think “elk-type bullet.” Accubond, Partition, LRX/TTSX are all rarely poor choices for any game so long as impact velocities are appropriate.

>>>——JAKE——>

Wildone

FNG
As mentioned by the others above , knowing when and when not to shoot is most important. As you can see by the varied responses here it doesn't take a whole lot of gun to put these things down. Unless your going solo in griz country your legs and hips will thank you for carrying a 6lb 6.5 or 7mm08 rather than a 9 lb 300WM. At least mine do. YMMV