Bull Elk in a hole

tony

WKR
I've seen sink holes pretty much just like that. Had 3 sheep drop in one, don't know for how long. Was a little 18-20" hole on the top a foot from the surface it was a 3' diameter, 5' deep hole like an auger made it. Almost perfect cylinder. Pretty weird. Glad I didn't find it with equipment.

Lytro

WKR
Pretty crazy he dropped into a hole that small! I had a similar experience this year while hiking down a butte I shot a muley from. There was about 6" of fresh snow and I fell into a hole a little wider than my torso. I luckily got an arm out in time to catch myself because it was probably close to 10 feet deep.

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago living in N. Idaho I got the opportunity to pull a cow moose out of a mine shaft. We had to tie a strap around her and pull her out. The trick was how to get the strap untied after we got her out. The F&G officer who was running the show suggested I jump on top of her when we got her out to keep her from running off. Being young and dumb I complied and thought I was gonna get a free ride. Fortunately, she was pretty docile and the untie went off without incident. Got my picture in the local paper laying on top of her while she was untied. Would have been a horrible death if she wasn't discovered when she was. Deadlifting an 800 lb cow moose out of a 8' deep hole was definately a challenge.