Bull Elk 1st Rifle

OP
bigbuckkilla
You said it was a small one! Thats a good one! Nice work! I hate oak brush.
Haha I said small 6x6! I had the herd bull across the other side of the valley bugling, but I had so many cows around I was scared to try and reposition. I already crossed the valley to get into position. The wind was perfect, but for me to make a play on the bigger bull I’d of been taking a risk I wasn’t prepared to take. But yes he is huge to me haha!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Haha I said small 6x6! I had the herd bull across the other side of the valley bugling, but I had so many cows around I was scared to try and reposition. I already crossed the valley to get into position. The wind was perfect, but for me to make a play on the bigger bull I’d of been taking a risk I wasn’t prepared to take. But yes he is huge to me haha!
Congrats! Thats a heck of a bull. Those cows can mess up a good thing in a hurry! I’d have done the same thing you did.

OP
bigbuckkilla
Congrats! Thats a heck of a bull. Those cows can mess up a good thing in a hurry! I’d have done the same thing you did.
I’m a bird in hand kind of guy haha! The problem was he was in a wallow and all the cows were in dark timber to my right but I couldn’t see them because of the hillside drop off so I didn’t want to move and have them pop up over the ledge.

OP
bigbuckkilla
Definitely. I couldn’t asked for a better hunt. Found them Friday afternoon, formed a plan, Saturday morning busted a big hike out to get to them once we spotted them on the ridge feeding across.
Congrats! The first is special for sure! Great memory when it all comes together like that! Makes the hard work and failed attempts all worth while