Bull Elk 1st Rifle

OP
bigbuckkilla
Congrats man! I killed my first and second elk last year (one bull one cow). It’s a sweet experience that left me wanting more opportunities to hunt elk
Dude I’m already trying to plan the next one haha! That’s a lot of elk meat!

OP
bigbuckkilla
Yeah, that seems different those elk were still that high in October. We had to drop down below 9500 to find them the 2nd week of September this year.
There wasn’t any snow and it was pretty warm low 30s in evening/morning, with it warming well into the 50s

OP
bigbuckkilla
Nice bull!

That's a lot of trees and brush for 12,500 feet. :unsure:
Yeah I don’t know it was what the topo map said! My garmin was close as well 12282. So I figured somewhere in there. The mountain goat was next to us most the day as well on Friday haha got within 250 yards of him and he was just chilling.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 18
OP
bigbuckkilla
Nice bull! Congrats. I’ve never thought to carry an extra ball cap with me on hunts.
I have an orange first lite hat I wear over it lol but it doesn’t have a great brim more of a beanie. So I like having the shade from the sun.

OP
bigbuckkilla
I do this as well. Regular hat with orange knit hat. Lot of critics in here... To the OP, good job! Nothing like the feeling of your first ;)
Nahhhh can’t get upset about comments! It’s all for sharing haha. I couldn’t wait to post my success on here. I generally just lurk in the shadows reading and learning. Thankful for this website! Learned a lot in the offseason..between this and YouTube it’s amazing what can be accomplished!