Bull Elk 1st Rifle

OP
bigbuckkilla
You said it was a small one! Thats a good one! Nice work! I hate oak brush.
Haha I said small 6x6! I had the herd bull across the other side of the valley bugling, but I had so many cows around I was scared to try and reposition. I already crossed the valley to get into position. The wind was perfect, but for me to make a play on the bigger bull I’d of been taking a risk I wasn’t prepared to take. But yes he is huge to me haha!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Haha I said small 6x6! I had the herd bull across the other side of the valley bugling, but I had so many cows around I was scared to try and reposition. I already crossed the valley to get into position. The wind was perfect, but for me to make a play on the bigger bull I’d of been taking a risk I wasn’t prepared to take. But yes he is huge to me haha!
Congrats! Thats a heck of a bull. Those cows can mess up a good thing in a hurry! I’d have done the same thing you did.

OP
bigbuckkilla
Congrats! Thats a heck of a bull. Those cows can mess up a good thing in a hurry! I’d have done the same thing you did.
I’m a bird in hand kind of guy haha! The problem was he was in a wallow and all the cows were in dark timber to my right but I couldn’t see them because of the hillside drop off so I didn’t want to move and have them pop up over the ledge.