BTX Users, which one or both?

Which objective do you own, use, or is multiple?

• 65MM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 115MM

• Multiple

• Total voters
The background, for years I’ve been on the fence of buying one after having my world changed after looking through a buddy’s set of BTXs years ago. Now, that day has come and I looked through them and the 85MM objective and I was a little underwhelmed. I’m coming from maven 18s, it was in the yard, not hunting, don’t have something to compare to, etc. I’m sure I’ll love them but what do others out there think/do. You backpack with the 65 and run a 95/115 or the 85mm for everything? Thanks guys for the feedback, very much first world hunting issues I know.

kota

FNG
I use an 85 for everything, including backpacking. Even though I kinda feel like the 85 is a compromise, I still feel it’s the most important piece of gear I own. I dont have the resources to but multiple objectives and the 115 is too big/heavy for how I hunt, so the 85 is my all purpose setup.

When I bought mine I had the 65 85 and 95 and went back and forth through all of them. The 85 was a pretty clear winner for the distances I was going to use it. The 95 was just a little too much magnification/lacked FOV for stuff within a mile or so. 65mm was not letting in enough light at dusk. The 85mm felt just right, and the 85mm plus extender was just right where the 95 plus extender I felt was losing too much image quality with any low light or mirage.

Best bet is to try them side by side and resell the objective that doesn’t work as well for you.

As an aside I think the swaro STCs are a little better tool all around..hence why my btx 85 is in the classifieds