Browning X-Bolt 2 Speed, 7 PRC Field Evaluation

@Formidilosus have you checked any group comparisons between any of the other eldx offerings? Like federal vs Hornady? Would be cool to see if there was any noticeable difference between the two besides velocity.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Update to post #3.

Rifle has somewhere between 400 and 500 rounds on it. No barrel maintenance at all. The last 10 round ELD-X group is about 1.25 MOA.

IMG_9978.jpeg

Somehow, even without cleaning for more than 400 rounds of 7mm magnum- it magically hasn’t blown up, precision has gotten better, and it is functioning perfectly.

huntnful

WKR
Update to post #3.

Rifle has somewhere between 400 and 500 rounds on it. No barrel maintenance at all. The last 10 round ELD-X group is about 1.25 MOA.

View attachment 734762

Somehow, even without cleaning for more than 400 rounds of 7mm magnum- it magically hasn’t blown up, precision has gotten better, and it is functioning perfectly.
I was a serious barrel cleaner. Every 30 rounds. No bullshit.

My last 3 guns (7-300 NMI, 6 PRC, 22 creed) I decided to let loose of my OCD and test your finding for myself. Because that’s what I do lol.

Each rifle had a great baseline for accuracy and velocity. I then shot each of them over 120 rounds without cleaning. Now that is INSANE for me haha. I saw no documentable decrease in accuracy, or anything questionable with the velocities in any of the 3 barrels.

I then cleaned the barrels to make myself feel better hahahaha. But have no question in putting at least 100+ rounds on barrels now without cleaning. Thank you 👊🏼

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I was a serious barrel cleaner. Every 30 rounds. No bullshit.

My last 3 guns (7-300 NMI, 6 PRC, 22 creed) I decided to let loose of my OCD and test your finding for myself. Because that’s what I do lol.

Each rifle had a great baseline for accuracy and velocity. I then shot each of them over 120 rounds without cleaning. Now that is INSANE for me haha. I saw no documentable decrease in accuracy, or anything questionable with the velocities in any of the 3 barrels.

I then cleaned the barrels to make myself feel better hahahaha. But have no question in putting at least 100+ rounds on barrels now without cleaning. Thank you 👊🏼

Haha. Well, you are moving in a positive direction.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
How tight on the bases? Thank You!!

I could not tell you. “Tight”, with the supplied allen wrench- where it was just about to start stripping the screw head. Probably 45in-lbs?

Reactions: BCD