Brooks Range Grizzly / Coming up

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to the Brooks Range. Flying out of cold foot. Hunting the last 7-10 days of May. Anyone been in that neck of the woods that time of year? I’ve been in the fall caribou hunting, but never for Grizz. Excited is an understatement… ready for a challenge. Flying looks like this — Alabama-Seattle-Fairbanks-Coldfoot-wilderness. Trying to pack as light as absolutely possible.

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
This is a brooks range grizzly. She is absolutely beautiful. I did not shoot her, my friend did. he is a resident. I just got to go along for the staulk. And I packed her cape and skull out. It was a spot and stalk. I did spend 33 days in the brooks last fall, 16 days solo. I saw over twenty plus bears. So cool I cant explain. The brooks are magical, enjoy every second you are there. There is nothing that compares!IMG_1092.jpg

OP
Wildatheart

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
This is a brooks range grizzly. She is absolutely beautiful. I did not shoot her, my friend did. he is a resident. I just got to go along for the staulk. And I packed her cape and skull out. It was a spot and stalk. I did spend 33 days in the brooks last fall, 16 days solo. I saw over twenty plus bears. So cool I cant explain. The brooks are magical, enjoy every second you are there. There is nothing that compares!View attachment 514054
What an awesome adventure. Beautiful bear also… wow. Good to know glad there are a lot of them there !!

Cbf6768

FNG
Headed to the Brooks Range. Flying out of cold foot. Hunting the last 7-10 days of May. Anyone been in that neck of the woods that time of year? I’ve been in the fall caribou hunting, but never for Grizz. Excited is an understatement… ready for a challenge. Flying looks like this — Alabama-Seattle-Fairbanks-Coldfoot-wilderness. Trying to pack as light as absolutely possible.
Super excited to hear how it goes- I’m going w Luke in August for sheep and Griz-

I spent 19 days up there in the fall. same flights Alabama, seattle, Fairbanks, cold foot. What great country. I was Moose Grizzly hunting. those silver grizzlies up there are magical.
‘I’ll be up there about the same time this year just in south east Alaska hunting coastal brown bear. ‘I’m pumped.