Brightest headlamp or compact flashlight

billp0806

FNG
looking for suggestions for the brightest headlamp or compact flashlight for tracking at night.

wweaver

Lil-Rokslider
Headlamp, this !! 1500 lumens. Four times the lumens of a normal headlamp

BigNate

WKR
This is pretty subjective as sometimes the high lumen lights aren't as useful light. I've found with some to much light reflects back into my eyes and I turn them down from the max settings.
The last one I bought was this one, but have not tried tracking blood with it. Ace beam

My most used are a Fenix HM71r, Streamlight ProTac 2.0(newer version of mine), my son uses a Nightcore HC68.
I hate the battery pack on the back of my head.

Trldad

FNG
Definitely check out Nitecore, they have some great headlamps as well as flashlights. Klarus is also one to look at for lights.
Headlamps with about 2K lumens and flashlights with up to 5K lumens is where you want to be, anything brighter you get to much bounce-back and wind up blinding yourself.
good luck, tell us what you decided on.

alexnelon

FNG
How compact are we talking?

You've gotten suggestions for bulky headlamps and a 3-pound flashlight so far.

The Wurrkos TS10 is about the size of an 18650 battery and goes up to 1400 lumens with a fairly tight beam. That's what I use when I need to see further than my headlamp washes.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I sometimes bring an Acebeam H30 because it can be used as a battery bank. I have brighter and more compact headlamps but none that can be used at high output for nearly as long in that form factor. Itll do 1100 lumens for nearly three hours.

The light without a battery is 3oz and each 21700 is 2.5 oz so I can just bring however many MaH of 21700s I need to charge things