Breakfast in the backcountry

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
I have the jetboil rolling for coffee on mornings where you are at a base camp so a strategic blend of oatmeal is in play. If spike camping I will be more of a hardo and do clif bar + Justin's almond

Eggs and bacon...for the first morning.

Dehydrated green split pea and cured ham...block. add water and heat for five minutes.

It's an old German army ration. Works ok. Id rather no carbs as it messes with my blood sugar, but it's fairly good.

I want to get the wife to start making my own cured sausage but we haven't got round to it yet.

I don't go in for the packeted products.

Trial153

WKR
Man I'm totally spoiled on peak refuel.. I empty them out of the factory bags and put them into little ziplocks for smaller portions but damn.. can't eat much better in the backcountry. Some tortillas and that breakfast skillet.. my goodness.

I agree, I don’t have any reason to try anything else at this point. Pretty much it’s all been excellent

Bar of some kind. If there's a lull around early lunch, I'll make a freeze dried meal then.

@jarrettd I'm not sure if you've whipped up any bars to solve your issue, but we just posted a recipe on one of the social media channels that you might like. I generally double the cinnamon + vanilla for personal taste preference and go 1 full teaspoon of salt in the whole batch.

You can add in anything beyond what's listed to your liking. I've found them to be tasty and filling in the morning if I don't feel like dealing with oatmeal.

1.pngFind the Recipe Here

Man I'm totally spoiled on peak refuel.. I empty them out of the factory bags and put them into little ziplocks for smaller portions but damn.. can't eat much better in the backcountry. Some tortillas and that breakfast skillet.. my goodness.

That sounds very nice but too bougie for me.

I do the skillets for dinner.

Runar

FNG
I'm going to give y'all my secret.

I put dry oatmeal and protein powder in a mylar bag, like single servings, 1 scoop of protein and ~1 cup of oatmeal. Get the bags from Amazon. Then in the morning just pour some cold water over the top, mix, and shovel it in my face.

It's fast, I get the two macros I need, some water, and it gets the mail moving.

Similar- I use a recipe for stoveless backcountry from gohunt, powder, food processor powdered oats, powdered peanut butter, put it in a shaker cup. Sounds horrible, but it’s not bad and it sticks with you for hours.

Charkan72

FNG
Like the protein powder, oats and powdered peanut butter idea. Gonna give it a try. For years I just ate a couple instant oatmeal packet straight from the packet dry.

I wake up for some reason. In the mountains I take a dump immediately.

Then I drink the cold coffee I made the night before and go hunting. Around 8 or I sit down and eat a protein bar or two fun size milky way bars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk