Breakfast in the backcountry

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Assuming is a backpack hunt then I eat Nut N Honey granola bar then a small baggie of cashews or another shelled nut. Might nibble at all that a bit after sun is up and have glassed things the first time.

I do not drink coffee but a few times a year so no need to boil water but I do take a few Via powdered coffee packets if am having altitude issues.

If is a wall tent camp then eggs, bacon, fried taters, flapjacks, orange juice, etc.

If a cabin camp then steak, poached eggs, biscuits and gravy, orange juice and coffee.

I’ve done pop tarts or powdered milk with cereal. There is a chocolate flavored cereal with a decent amount of protein that if mixed with coco pebbles has decent taste.

This year I’m going to try eating just a bar or some trail mix when I wake up and then do the cereal at the first rest. I am just not hungry when I first wake up.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Milk Chocolate covered espesso beans because I hate taking the time to make coffee in the morning.

Mix those in with flavored granola, cashews or sliced almonds, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder in a quart ziplock bag. Add a touch of water to the bag and mix well with your spoon, becomes your milk. Lots a calories, great energy, and plenty of caffeine from the chocolate and espresso beans.

lak2004

WKR
Milk Chocolate covered espesso beans because I hate taking the time to make coffee in the morning.

Mix those in with flavored granola, cashews or sliced almonds, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder in a quart ziplock bag. Add a touch of water to the bag and mix well with your spoon, becomes your milk. Lots a calories, great energy, and plenty of caffeine from the chocolate and espresso beans.
This sounds awesome!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I can’t eat right when I wake up, but I make a quick cup of coffee while getting dressed to knock the fog off. Benefit of a titanium mug is you can drink it immediately.

I usually throw a Clif bar in my front pocket (blueberry is a breakfast favorite), and it’s a nice warm treat when I make it to the top of the mountain or a glassing spot. That’s enough to keep me going until 10 or so when I’ll have some nuts, goldfish, jerky, etc.

Mosby

WKR
Coffee is an absolute must and I can't stand protein bars. I can choke them down early in the week but they get old fast. If I don't have time to make oatmeal or grits, then I go for oatmeal cookies, fig newtons and nilla wafers.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Usually cant eat anything till 9am or so.
Then something light.
I will sip a lil coffee though.

Mark.c

FNG
Usually just have a oatmeal/granola bar for breakfast. Hot coffee however, is a must have in the early AM.

Murph8868

FNG
I usually rotate between a Poptart and oatmeal.. Too much oatmeal gives me heartburn when hiking though, so i usually save that for later in the morning.

Poser

WKR
I often don’t feel like eating super early, but I don’t perform well on an empty stomach. I try and make my breakfast as close to my breakfast at home as possible:

2 packs of McCann’s instant oats to which I add:

Powdered peanut butter
Powdered butter
Pumpkin seeds
Pomegranate powder
Whole egg protein
Dried blueberries
Bacon

I'm going to give y'all my secret.

I put dry oatmeal and protein powder in a mylar bag, like single servings, 1 scoop of protein and ~1 cup of oatmeal. Get the bags from Amazon. Then in the morning just pour some cold water over the top, mix, and shovel it in my face.

It's fast, I get the two macros I need, some water, and it gets the mail moving.

bsnedeker

WKR
Oatmeal mixed with protien powder might be the single most heave-inducing food on the planet in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Peak refuel mountain berry and strawberry… I can eat them three times a day

I'm going to give y'all my secret.

I put dry oatmeal and protein powder in a mylar bag, like single servings, 1 scoop of protein and ~1 cup of oatmeal. Get the bags from Amazon. Then in the morning just pour some cold water over the top, mix, and shovel it in my face.

It's fast, I get the two macros I need, some water, and it gets the mail moving.
I like this

Blandry

WKR
Peak refuel mountain berry and strawberry… I can eat them three times a day
Man I'm totally spoiled on peak refuel.. I empty them out of the factory bags and put them into little ziplocks for smaller portions but damn.. can't eat much better in the backcountry. Some tortillas and that breakfast skillet.. my goodness.