Braggin Board for Fishing!

c924dc9186cfd0d21b55dc29d765e697.jpg

Put 24 reds in the freezer today, but as the story always goes, I should have been here yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
still a pile of fish! we stayed at a cabin on the kasilof and i am really glad i brought down my chamber sealer to fillet/seal daily. Only once have i brought home 35 reds from dipping and i wont do that again! Much rather butcher up a few deer over a pile of fish.

still a pile of fish! we stayed at a cabin on the kasilof and i am really glad i brought down my chamber sealer to fillet/seal daily. Only once have i brought home 35 reds from dipping and i wont do that again! Much rather butcher up a few deer over a pile of fish.
A buddy called on his way down yesterday morning. He said he was going to stop at 30 because he didn't want to clean more than that. He text later in the day that he filled his permit of 55. Said he was having so much fun that he couldn't stop. I can't imagine he's having a very fun morning today. He put 36 in the freezer during the first run and said his extended family already cleaned him out so at least they won't go to waste.

I'm mostly jealous of those prawns. Those are the single reason I consider an ocean vessel from time to time!

I bet the Oregon guys will know, but who else can name this anadromous fish.....

View attachment 579830
I have either been seeing juvi pacific lamprey or adult brook lamprey on my sis in law’s property in the little creek. Lamprey are fascinating creatures

Attachments

• IMG_8295.jpeg
    IMG_8295.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8291.jpeg
    IMG_8291.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 38
I don’t think I will have a bigger fishing “brag” this year than what showed up today 😎

I found a rod I had as a kid and stupidly sold it years ago, but it’s back in my lineup! I got a 6’ 10-25# sabre stroker spinning rod that legit has the original price tag on it, absolutely mint, probably older than me but a lot less beat up 😂 I’m stoked, such a fun inshore rod, and I’ll get at least one albacore on it this year… I miss this rod more than any rod I’ve ever owned and is only one of 2 rods that I’ve truly regretted getting rid of, and this one is as mint as they come… for a 40-ish yr old rod, it’s flawless

Attachments

• IMG_8379.jpeg
    IMG_8379.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8378.jpeg
    IMG_8378.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 31