BRA Pricing Information

topsnteal

FNG
Myself and a couple buddies have a trip set up with Brooks Range Aviation this fall and are getting mixed signals from them regarding the price of the trip. We were initially quoted ~5k (total or per person not specified), and subsequent conversations have suggested that may be the rate for each beaver trip with multiple return trips required if we are successful. The person that we were speaking to on the phone, however, seemed a little confused about their own quotes.

Does anyone else who is booked this year, or in years past, have any info about what we should expect? Curious if their status as an air taxi service (as opposed to a transporter) limits what information they can share.

Thanks

Huh? Ask specific questions and get specific answers. No one on here is going to give you a binding contract answer...I suggest Email so it is in writing.

OP
T

topsnteal

FNG
We asked very specifically and got very vague, “we’ll need to check with pilots” type answers regarding the very basic structure of their pricing. We are certainly following up by email.

Mostly curious if their air-taxi status constrains their ability to quote a flat-rate, as it seems like it limits a lot of what they can talk about.

Cyril

FNG
Do you have a signed contract? If you do, does it have billable rates, list of inclusions or specific list of exclusions or additional fees?

If not, I do not know why you signed it. I have only done one transporter hunt but it was very clear how I was being billed and what was being provided and a specific list of exclusions.

I believe most hunters are understanding of cost increases for transporters but in any business or for me as buyer what I owe, when I owe it and how it may change is a requirement for me to sign.

Seems incredibly shady imo. I would keep reaching out until you get some stuff in writing. I have been on 2 different AK hunts and both were conducted professionally with ALL fees laid out upon signing. Sounds like he is getting deposits and hoping he has the ability to fulfill his hunts. FWIW, even upon giving a deposit, both transporters I used provided me with a contract and remaining balance statements.

OP
T

topsnteal

FNG
Good to know. We got some clarification by way of email that the prices we’ve been quoted are per round trip to our destination, 1 out, 2 back (assuming some success). I’ll be sure to request some additional documentation. We were super late notice (booked in April) so not really in a position to be too picky.

I appreciate the advice - this is what I was looking for!

KU_Geo

WKR
It did sell to wright air last year. Chatted with wright a few days again and it sounded like last year was a gong show but she was “hopeful” this year would go better. But they are functioning as two parallel airlines, run out of same office. Some shared services, some independent.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So BRA has been "selling" their business and planes to Wright Air for a couple years now. If you're getting mixed convos it may be because Wright Air is operating their planes while BRA may be handling the customer interface. I would call Judy and ask your questions. She's usually very good at explaining the costs. 800-692-5443

OP
T

topsnteal

FNG
So BRA has been "selling" their business and planes to Wright Air for a couple years now. If you're getting mixed convos it may be because Wright Air is operating their planes while BRA may be handling the customer interface. I would call Judy and ask your questions. She's usually very good at explaining the costs. 800-692-5443
Thanks!