Boy names

Oh man! Congrats! My son, Sage, is 12 now... Been a lot of fun hanging out together! Picking a name is hard.

I like Bear and Sawyer just to throw a couple out there.
06a6d05b11bcbbe8b1d9d23aae44a145.jpg

“Wisten to the whythmic whythm of the woodwinds as it wowws awound and awound…and it comes out here!” — Elmer Fudd
My daughter is 12 and named Sage as well. Its a great name and can go either way.

gabenzeke

WKR
We named our youngest Levi, but seriously debated Ledger. We had a poll of the nurses between the two and Ledger won by a long way. Ultimately my wife couldn't get on board. But Ledger is a cool boy name I think.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Combine the great-grandfather's first names to first/middle...

or use the boy's name we couldn't: Saxton Arthur
My middle name is a family name, I wanted to pass it on...

Our plan was both grandparents middle names for boy or girl.

Reactions: ODB
Target panic.

In all seriously congrats. You'll see what fits. Our boy Rhett just turned six and starts school on Monday. Time flies and you'll enjoy it.

We wanted one that starts with a K since mine does. Chose Kanon. It's a cool boy name & I've never seen anyone else with it.
Also, if he ends up being a QB or pitcher with a great arm that'll be a bonus intimidation factor.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
My son was just born a couple weeks ago, we went with Easton. It was between that and Everett.
Neither are really unique. We went with my grandfathers name for the middle name.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

ROKnROAL

FNG
Max Power

‘Nobody snuggles with Max Power, you strap yourself in and feel the G’s’

intunegp

WKR
One more vote for keeping it boring/traditional/not after a celebrity/brand name. I'm all for naming your dog Gunner or Scout or Hoyt...they don't care what their name is and it's just a word to get their attention.

Your kid has to live his whole life introducing himself and signing documents as Smithen Wesson Johnson and maybe there will come a time he appreciates it but there will probably be lots of developmental moments where he wished his name was John or Zach.

Oregonboy

WKR
I really wanted the name Tiberius for my son but my wife, her family and all her friends veto'd it. I still think it's a badass name. We named him Zachary instead, I love his name and it suits him very well. I look forward to telling him the story when he's older and seeing his reaction.

grfox92

WKR
We made a list of 300 names when my wife was pregnant with out first. The only name we both felt was right was Mason. Runners up were Cameron and Ryan. We have a Mason and a Cameron now.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

My wife and I made a big list with tons of names as well. I could never get my wife on board with 2 of my favorite boy names: Cael & Calen.

She always told me the name Cael made her think of the vegatable kale... But I grew up wrestling, and Cael Sanderson was/is one of the best wrestlers of all time.

Another boy name I've always liked is Bo, we just knew too many people with that name already to use it for our kids.

WCB

WKR
We have 2 daughters (Waylyn and Mabel) grandparent names are their middle names. First one was fairly easy not out of the ordinary but also not Becky either. Second one took until we were literally getting kicked out of the hospital essentially.

We went through 100s of names and the hardest part is knowing relatives or friends with kids the same name and also my wife is a teacher so even though there were some names we really liked my wife just said no...I know a couple of kids with that name and they are all assholes. hahahah. Also, my wife would come up with names thinking no way a kid could make fun of them for it and within 10 seconds I could come up with a bunch of nicknames kids would call them (none good).

Maybe look back at great grandparents or further back and you will find a "unique" family name. Unless the were a horrible person it is always kind of cool when you ask how someone named their kid and it is a old family name. Also, a way to connect your kid with your families history. I know many discussions of family history have started with "where did that name come from..." "oh it was great great grandpa's name and his wife's name was ......" He fought in X war or came over in 1802" etc.