Bowtech Deadlock and Elite S.E.T Review Focusing (with poll!)

Do you have interest in reading a review that aims to address...? (vote as many times as you wish)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sndmn11

WKR
PLEASE VOTE! (as many times as you wish)
Carry over from a poll and thread from before https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/bowtech-elite-review.289710/

Some new bows have caught my eye, but my priority is on target results in accuracy. I have the opportunity to snag up all three of the bows that interest me the most (from shooting at RMSgear) and find out what improvements, if any, I can see over my trusty Bowtech Reckoning. I enjoy writing reviews for Rokslide, and want to gauge interest in reviewing these three bows as reviews take a large amount of time and effort investment.

Past 3d and indoor scores would be used as a standardized method of evaluating accuracy for objectivity. An additional goal would be to document tuning procedures for Deadlock/S.E.T.

On-bow ease of tuning is a differentiator for both Bowtech and Elite from the rest of the field; it is THE reason why I do not consider shooting any other manufacturers. However, beyond highlighting the simple means for tuning that Deadlock (Bowtech) and S.E.T (Elite) offer the everyday hunter and archer, I think these questions are prominent and paramount for each model and the review should bring clarity to, or fully answer:
  • Does the Bowtech CarbonOne comparable weight to an aluminum bow and higher weight than other carbon bows bring an advantage. “Why would I buy a carbon bow with no weight savings?”

• Does the Elite Era’s lighter weight (I think only PSE carbons are lighter) compromise any or too much accuracy or shooter experience? “Why would I buy a carbon bow if I have to more weight in stabilizers off of it to make it accurate?”

• Does the Elite Omnia achieve a higher arrow velocity by sacrificing any or too much accuracy or shooter experience? “Why would I buy a speed bow when my experience with them in the past is that they are difficult to draw, difficult to shoot well, and difficult to tune?”

• Does the Elite Omnia offer the opportunity for a lower draw weight and/or lower draw length archer to gain back performance? “Is the Omnia a viable short draw/low draw weight/women’s bow?” (the folks at Elite think the Omnia might be the best women's bow choice, so @KickinNDishin is going to see how it fares)

I would love to hear more thoughts on what is important to you in a review as well.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m not in the market for a bow, already bought two this year 😂
Comparison bow reviews are helpful, especially if similar spec bows. FPS with different hunting weight arrows, a light and heavy. Detailed tuning process and ease of it.
I don’t think much is gained by shooting for scores. Beyond making sure it shoots “well”, I think most bows are capable of accuracy beyond the average shooter.
Look forward to the reviews.

tdm

FNG
I honestly want a review after shooting these bows for 6 months. Most reviews simply give us the shiny new car sales pitch.

Every new bow shoots well, we already know that. I want to know what rattled loose and tuning issues after strings settle in.

Appreciate the work and timee that goes into these reviews

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I honestly want a review after shooting these bows for 6 months. Most reviews simply give us the shiny new car sales pitch.

Every new bow shoots well, we already know that. I want to know what rattled loose and tuning issues after strings settle in.

Appreciate the work and timee that goes into these reviews
vote above

I think shooting for score is a good way to evaluate a bow for the individual.

Problem is different bows work for different people.

Probably just a review of how simple something is to broadhead tune would be helpful to the majority. Especially since these are two brands catering to the I don't need to have a press crowd.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

Probably just a review of how simple something is to broadhead tune would be helpful to the majority. Especially since these are two brands catering to the I don't need to have a press crowd.

Do you think there is value in seeing if these bows CAN shoot as well as a hybrid hunt/target bow? I did a loop through our course with yesterday with a friend in the hunting industry and a friend in the fly fishing industry. The former believes that some bows cannot be shot well by 99% of hunters, the latter believes that any bow can be shot well by most just like he can cast any rod.

I like the last part I quoted you on.

Do you think there is value in seeing if these bows CAN shoot as well as a hybrid hunt/target bow? I did a loop through our course with yesterday with a friend in the hunting industry and a friend in the fly fishing industry. The former believes that some bows cannot be shot well by 99% of hunters, the latter believes that any bow can be shot well by most just like he can cast any rod.

I like the last part I quoted you on.

Yes, there's value to that statement, but probably if it was over multiple shooters.

A good shooter can make any bow look good. A short ATA, short Brace can be shot just as accurately as a long target bow. The difference is the forgiveness in them. Most can't shoot the non-hunting bow as accurately.

Then get into different grips, different draw stops between cable or limb and different shooters handle them differently.

I'd go along with some bows can't be shot as well by most. Not all bows shoot the same through a machine either, but that's more individual bow to individual bow. Take 4-5 of the same bow, you can find one that's more accurate.

Fatcamp

WKR

Problem is different bows work for different people.

Bring able to tune a bow without a press would be a major factor in me buying a new bow. For now an E32 does what I need.

I've always been intrigued by the deadlock cams (and I keep hearing rave reviews about the SS34). In theory, someone who isn't mechanically inclined like myself should be able to tune their own bow. I would be concerned about the screws backing themselves out though (one more thing to go wrong). That said, that's something you would be able to sanity check with a sharpie mark.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I've always been intrigued by the deadlock cams (and I keep hearing rave reviews about the SS34). In theory, someone who isn't mechanically inclined like myself should be able to tune their own bow. I would be concerned about the screws backing themselves out though (one more thing to go wrong). That said, that's something you would be able to sanity check with a sharpie mark.
As an FYI, the lock screw is a set screw and can be removed and some thread locker put on it. The worm drive that the cams are on cannot be screwed out or anything like that. The worm drive probably takes 25inlbs of force to turn, so it isn't going to move on its own.

I shot a few hours yesterday with the set screws loose because I was putting together cause/effect notes for deadlock and nothing weird happened.

wapitibob

WKR
I've shot a Reckoning since they came out. You will have zero issues with the deadlock provided you don't torque or reef on the set screw. Don't put thread locker on it, finger snug is plenty. The assembly can't come out even without the set screw. You'll love it. You move both cams the same when you tune, don't start moving them around individually for cam lean. There is a setting for each model, reckoning is 1 turn towards center from against the side of the limb.