Bowmar's beast broadhead

His truck bbq video on YouTube says a lot. Not someone I’d support, especially when there’s lots of other solid companies selling good archery products.

Duh

WKR
images

I think we can cross post this to the PED thread that's going on eh?
Nice!!! I just wanna wrestle her lol

Ho5tile1

WKR
lol unfortunately I am 40, and your probably correct.

Zac I wasn’t saying that as an insult Lord knows I’ve been there. Now I just look at it as does it affect my personal life or what I do day to day and if it don’t it’s not worth more then some words on a forum. In one ear out the other or in this case in one eye out the other sorta speak. I don’t use any mechanical as I’ve seen them fail out of my own bow. I’ve been bow hunting over 35 years I have a bow shop in my house and more bows then I can shoot. I love archery and messing with my bow to get broadheads flying as perfect as I can get them. Before I learned how to work on a bow I like mechanical heads cause they required less work. Or so I thought before I realized they hit where I aimed but where flying sideways ,robbing lots energy. Then I had several fail and moved away from them and learned how to work on a bow..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Zac I wasn’t saying that as an insult Lord knows I’ve been there. Now I just look at it as does it affect my personal life or what I do day to day and if it don’t it’s not worth more then some words on a forum. In one ear out the other or in this case in one eye out the other sorta speak. I don’t use any mechanical as I’ve seen them fail out of my own bow. I’ve been bow hunting over 35 years I have a bow shop in my house and more bows then I can shoot. I love archery and messing with my bow to get broadheads flying as perfect as I can get them. Before I learned how to work on a bow I like mechanical heads cause they required less work. Or so I thought before I realized they hit where I aimed but where flying sideways ,robbing lots energy. Then I had several fail and moved away from them and learned how to work on a bow..

Yeah I don’t use them myself. I got them for my dad because I don’t trust him shooting a fixed blade and he can’t tune for shit. I spent a lot of time talking with Houser the lead engineer. I think he was able to really run with the design because funding wasn’t an issue. Also there isn’t a better litmus test than Capes in Africa. I think in the future you’ll see a titanium ferrule as well. As far as mechs go I think this is the best we’ve seen yet.

huntnful

WKR

WKR

WKR
WTF lol. I just finished reading this thread, and that is ridiculous for a “grown” man to act like that over difference of opinion. One of the stranger things I’ve seen on here for sure. Maybe @Ryan Avery @robby denning @Justin Crossley @Matt Cashell should take a look at this @Zac guy trying to fight people via PM. No room for that on this forum IMO
Awww come on man, this thread was destined for greatness!!!
Or more likely a thread lock 😆

huntnful

WKR
Awww come on man, this thread was destined for greatness!!!
Or more likely a thread lock 😆
Hahaha that guy is off the walls about these damn broadheads and Bowmar. That interaction VIA pm was ridiculous. Don’t need people like that around here… or anywhere really.

Reactions: WKR

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
WTF lol. I just finished reading this thread, and that is ridiculous for a “grown” man to act like that over difference of opinion. One of the stranger things I’ve seen on here for sure. Maybe @Ryan Avery @robby denning @Justin Crossley @Matt Cashell should take a look at this @Zac guy trying to fight people via PM. No room for that on this forum IMO

My take is, just report him if that’s how you feel. Worse crap happens about everyday on this forum. Mods can only do so much. At least the guy tried to address disagreements via PM. If PMs are inappropriate, send it to the Mods.

The Bowmar fanaticism is kind of obvious. There’s enough Bowmar info to more than level the scales.

Send it up the chain or add value. Public execution is a bit much here, imo.

Forget whether Bowmar is good or bad. The Beast is not a well designed broadhead. You can see from YouTube reviews that the blades do not stay deployed. You can see that as the travel through gel in a test or by doing a post mortem on a deer. Unless you for some reason think that a mechanical that opens on entry and then closes back up as it goes through vitals is a good design. We saw the same thing with the Veteran broadheads which also use a spring to deploy.

I think its perfect.. We could livestream the fights like a PPV style deal and all the money would go towards conservation? Kinda like Meateater trivia but something i'd enjoy drinking a beer to

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll pass on the PED talk for her. Never know these days but not likely IMO. But many people continue to be wowed by her on the “muscles” and or looks.

Been a while since I’ve read anything about the bowmars but I’m pretty sure she has openly advocated hormone therapy and posted about how it has helped her sex life..

Yeah, I think many of us have went down most rabbit holes with archery, there are many to go through

I had a bit of an “ah ha” Moment a few years ago when I shot a bull that would have been my best, or at least very close.

The shot was 4 steps, slight quartering, no way I was in anything heavier than a rib. I was using a very highly regarded head and it folded up like a Walmart lawn chair on impact (had no idea at the time) I was able to watch that bull for a couple minutes through my binos (he didn’t know what happened) and I could see the entrance plain as day and was very excited, I was going to watch him tip over any second

Long story short, after watching him go down the ridge and cut over to the right about 150yds below me, I knew something wasn’t right, because he should have been dead by that point so I gave him 2 hrs

Went to go track, and about 30yds into it I found my arrow with my broadhead that failed catastrophically and my heart sank.

The same people that will readily pump up that particular head will also tell you that mechanical heads are terrible and have a high failure rate… there are several mechs i would shoot before I considered the failed head.

People blame broadheads for poor shooting, which doesn’t equate to data points

I have seen fragile looking mechanical heads make it through heavy bone and stay intact.

I appreciate a good head as much as anyone, and they all have their place, but aren’t necessary to be a vet successful archery hunter. I shot standard muzzy 3 blades for a long time, don’t think I ever got one back that I wanted to reuse, but also never had a failure.

I have on hand, iron will, Valkyrie, German kinetics, kudu, etc, but the only one of those that will be in my quiver are the GK’s, I shoot the xl, And is my favorite fixed head… they cut a big hole, stay sharp, are not loud in flight, and my favorite head dimension is a 1.5” 2 blade, if there were more options in that configuration, I probably wouldn’t buy GK’s, but my preference is very limited, so that’s what I shoot.

A person could buy QAD exodus and never have broadhead drama, and they aren’t a top shelf head

As for beasts, they don’t offer me anything, they aren’t easy to sharpen, and are expensive, and I don’t go out of my way to support Josh, but he has showcased that mechs can hold up to extreme abuse… I don’t care how they do on a YouTube broadhead test if they can kill a Cape buffalo handily, just shows how useless those YouTube broadhead tests are

I think you pretty much have to try to find a head that will have a failure rate greater than rarely. I have never killed anything with a mech, but this might be the year. I will have a couple GK’s, a couple reaper pro 1 3/8” and probably a lonely exodus

kudu folded over on you?

JRam07

FNG
I think most folks understand this, but "I heard it on a podcast" isn't the same thing as data. Just in case that information is helpful in other conversations.
Got to be aware of who's saying it as well.
If a guy who makes a broadhead is saying that the design he uses is the best, well of course he would he's using that design.

Whether it's day six or iron will or whoever you gotta keep that in mind.

big44a4

WKR
Been a while since I’ve read anything about the bowmars but I’m pretty sure she has openly advocated hormone therapy and posted about how it has helped her sex life..

Same I don’t follow them. Quick google search does confirm she is on HRT by her own words. So you are correct there.

wyosam

WKR
I think most folks understand this, but "I heard it on a podcast" isn't the same thing as data. Just in case that information is helpful in other conversations.

“I heard it on a podcast” is the new “I read it in Field and Stream”. Podcasters are gun writers in a new medium.