Bowmar's beast broadhead

Zac

WKR
Well Zak I’m a 47 year old white man don’t know what that has to do with anything and are you sure Josh doesn’t t care? Did he tell you that? From what I’ve read they care very much what others say according to all there law suits..

To the gentleman who said this is like the young and the restless without any pictures of hot chicks. I beg to differ there is a pic of my beautiful wife up there you just don’t see the beauty part as it’s hid on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol, no I don’t know maybe he does read these comments but I doubt it. He did sue some people over on Archery Talk. I guess we’ll find out if someone here ever gets served🤷‍♂️.

I dont care if curved is better than straight, it's just something I see repeated everywhere but it doesn't make sense to me, and I've never seen it proven.
I’m with you, but even if curved is better, does it really matter for most people? Even if it did penetrate better, what are the chances of that alone changing the outcome of a shot ever in your life?

To me, it’s all marketing, and even if there was a difference, unless you are shooting 35# and short draw length for something like elk, you will never see any appreciable difference, it’s marketing gab.

I will put more thought into my 52# recurve broadhead and arrow setup than I will with my compound, but unless you are shooting low energy setups at big critters, I don’t think it’s a big deal

JRam07

FNG
I’m with you, but even if curved is better, does it really matter for most people? Even if it did penetrate better, what are the chances of that alone changing the outcome of a shot ever in your life?

To me, it’s all marketing, and even if there was a difference, unless you are shooting 35# and short draw length for something like elk, you will never see any appreciable difference, it’s marketing gab.

I will put more thought into my 52# recurve broadhead and arrow setup than I will with my compound, but unless you are shooting low energy setups at big critters, I don’t think it’s a big deal
If there's a difference I would wager it's small.

There's just things people say that I wonder if there's any truth to it, things that have been repeated forever.

Zac

WKR

You could be right I’ve been trying to dig up a study. I heard it on podcasts, with Day 6, Evolution Outdoors, and the Beast crew. I think there is something to it. If you look at Lusk’s test of the Evolution, it far out penetrated any other head. Also I don’t know what to make of Josh killing multiple water buffs with his head. As far as I know no one else has shot a buff with a mechanical at all. Also if you look back at old footage Bowmar wasn’t even getting pass throughs on white tails with Sevr’s, or the Schwacker. If no one on here knew Josh was associated with this head I think people would be saying what a great job David Houser did designing it.

JRam07

FNG
You could be right I’ve been trying to dig up a study. I heard it on podcasts, with Day 6, Evolution Outdoors, and the Beast crew. I think there is something to it. If you look at Lusk’s test of the Evolution, it far out penetrated any other head. Also I don’t know what to make of Josh killing multiple water buffs with his head. As far as I know no one else has shot a buff with a mechanical at all. Also if you look back at old footage Bowmar wasn’t even getting pass throughs on white tails with Sevr’s, or the Schwacker. If no one on here knew Josh was associated with this head I think people would be saying what a great job David Houser did designing it.
I think the Beast broadhead would penetrate better than most mechs.

When they encounter a lot of resistance the blades close, you can see this in gel tests (which for this head are BS)

If they go through bone, or between bone, blades close but not to the point of locking (in most instances) which takes less energy then the blades bending, bone breaking, or like a Sevr they'll pivot but while it's doing that the other blade is seeing more resistance because it goes from angled to possibly straight.

Reactions: Zac

Ho5tile1

WKR
A physical fight over a dame broadhead opinion we truly are living in upside down world. Well if it’s really josh on here pretending to be someone else my money is not on Josh my experience with several meat heads are they have big muscles and big mouths to match but that’s about it small hearts and move slow…

Zac

WKR

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
images

I think we can cross post this to the PED thread that's going on eh?

Ho5tile1

WKR
Zak if you truly are a 40 year old man and you’re letting some words on a forum get you so upset you’re ready to fight over a different opinion on a broadhead. Seems you have a lot of growing up to do bud.

Zac

WKR
Zak if you truly are a 40 year old man and you’re letting some words on a forum get you so upset you’re ready to fight over a different opinion on a broadhead. Seems you have a lot of growing up to do bud.

lol unfortunately I am 40, and your probably correct.

From personally experience and what little I know about mechanics and physics, that head would never out penetrate a 3:1 straight blade of same weight, speed, etc.

Best test I’ve ever found to show how much Entergy can be dumped is taking a tanned elk hide and testing Broadheads by putting a short shaft with head up on a table and slowly pulling the hide down to cut through. You’d be amazed at how much force you have to use to push through a mech, or a super acute angle head.

All we can do is make the best decision for our own setups based on our own observations and experiences. These are still independent opinions and there isn’t a wrong answer unless you start throwing out numbers. Those can actually be measured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Zac

3forks

WKR
For what it’s worth, I’ve been attending a lot of broadhead tuning events at our local club for a couple of years.

I’ve seen tons of both mechanicals and fixed blade heads from low end to high end price points from every manufacturer. There’s a lot more guys shooting that have terrible form, punch triggers/command fire, have the wrong draw length, etc., then are doing it right - and the groups they shoot and how badly their bows are tuned - make me think that most have no business commenting on the effectiveness of a broadhead. However, it’s common that I hear these guys talking about broadhead performance, but they don’t shoot well enough at the range to make me think they can execute a good shot in a hunting situation (especially when not standing on level ground, amped up with an animal in front of them, or if the animal isn’t perfectly broadside and not below or above them). I’m not trying to be condescending and I have bad days too, but I just don’t think some of the failures I hear about are due to the head itself.

I’m sure everyone is this discussion takes archery more seriously than the majority of archers out there; but I think you can take most of the reviews and comments seen online with a grain of salt because It’s hard to know how good the archer making the shot is or how tuned his bow is.

big44a4

WKR
images

I think we can cross post this to the PED thread that's going on eh?

I’ll pass on the PED talk for her. Never know these days but not likely IMO. But many people continue to be wowed by her on the “muscles” and or looks.