Bow Company Transparency

NME

FNG
Searching for a new bow from Okinawa, Japan and thought it was interesting how Elite puts the speeds of their bows on spec sheets for each draw length.

I’ve never owned one or even shot one but I think it says a lot about them already at face value. Plus I emailed them and got a response right away and to top it off they offer a Mil/LEO etc 25% discount I have to say I am impressed so far.

Questions I pose to you all is
1: do you think if other top brands did this would they be so successful?

2: I can’t try bows out because of where I am stationed but I want to get my bow all set up for when I retire next spring so I can hit the woods running right away. Do you all recommend Elite? Pros/cons? which model do you think would be best for me pulling 70-80lbs at 26.5” draw?

attached is what I’m talking about with the speeds for each draw length. I’m not specially looking at that model it’s just to show you what I’m talking about. They do this for every bow model.

Sorry for the long post. Your advice and comments are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 95780B3D-A904-44F6-9F44-67A4874D0531.jpeg
    95780B3D-A904-44F6-9F44-67A4874D0531.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 101

rodney482

WKR
Speed is greatly overhyped.
Elite makes a great product and as a company are deeply in debt. Help them out and buy one of their bows.

Reactions: NME

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The speed thing for each draw length is pretty easy to figure out for most all bow manufacturers. Most will list their IBO speed, which is supposed to be measured at 30" draw, 70'lbs, 350gr arrow, and nothing on the string. Add or subtract 10fps for every inch of draw length.......just like their chart shows. It should be the same for a 60lb bow and a 300gr arrow, or an 80lb bow and a 400gr arrow.

OP
N

NME

FNG
The speed thing for each draw length is pretty easy to figure out for most all bow manufacturers. Most will list their IBO speed, which is supposed to be measured at 30" draw, 70'lbs, 350gr arrow, and nothing on the string. Add or subtract 10fps for every inch of draw length.......just like their chart shows. It should be the same for a 60lb bow and a 300gr arrow, or an 80lb bow and a 400gr arrow.
That’s great to no and helps me a lot. Been out the game a bit. Thank you!

OP
N

NME

FNG
Speed is greatly overhyped.
Elite makes a great product and as a company are deeply in debt. Help them out and buy one of their bows.
I agree with what you said about speed I just thought it was out of the norm. That is unfortunate to hear. I think I’ll scoop one up for sure! Thanks

rodney482

WKR
I agree with what you said about speed I just thought it was out of the norm. That is unfortunate to hear. I think I’ll scoop one up for sure! Thanks
I think the Kure is one of the best bows offered in 2020. Times are tough for bow companies

OP
N

NME

FNG
I think the Kure is one of the best bows offered in 2020. Times are tough for bow companies
Thanks Rodney! I was thinking a lot about that one. I’m gonna pull the trigger on that bow ASAP. Thanks again for your advice!

ODB

WKR
I’ll tell you, bow companies made life hard for us selling them in the late 90s/early 2000s with the damn speed claims. Some 5’6” guy shooting 28” wants to shoot through the chrono to “see what he’s getting”. Thus ensues a conversations about IBO, GPI and whatnot (this was just the start of the obsession with all the tech/speed)...which inevitably left the customer walking away sad...

Trial153

WKR
Historicly elite is pretty accurate with their ratings.

If your going to publish ratings for a bow why not be honest and upfront about it..

OP
N

NME

FNG
My bro and I both shoot Elite Impulse 34 @80 lbs. They're awesome and you can get them for almost nothing used.
What’s your DL? Smooth? What do you like most about it? Least? Thanks so much I really appreciate your time with this!

Nate

S.Clancy

WKR
What’s your DL? Smooth? What do you like most about it? Least? Thanks so much I really appreciate your time with this!

Nate
DL is 28", I don't know what 'smooth' means. It has a very nice back wall. The thing is very accurate, I average 6" groups at 70 yds. I shoot 300 spine Axis with 150 upfront, approx 500 gr arrow in the low 280s for speed. The thing I like most is bang for buck, especially used. The weight is the thing I like least, but I believe the added weight makes it more accurate, quite, and forgiving. It's a great bow. FYI, there are draw mods for every .5" of draw length, so switching draw lengths can be annoying.