Bourbon

ScottP76

FNG
Old Elk has always been one of my favorites. At one time had 12 different bottles that all had their own unique taste. Then they starting charging $120+ a bottle and I stopped buying them.
IMG_9037.jpeg

mcseal2

WKR
Uhhmmm..... not to be a total jerk, but I don't understand.
What is the goal of drinking whiskey 🥃?
Buzz?
High?
Drunk?
Palette cleanse?

.....and I'm not picking on you in particular. This is for whoever.

Make no mistake, I did what I could to keep distilleries in business in my youth, but got tired of the headaches and hangovers!
Easier to just quit.

No, I'm not trying to be offensive. Just curious.
I just like having a drink at times with friends or after a long day of work. Especially after a long day of feeding cattle during a winter storm or calving in the spring. I don't really start out drinking with a goal, just make a drink when it sounds good. I mostly quit before I get to a stage I'll feel any effects from the next day, but occasionally I forget I'm older and wiser now.

crgchck

WKR
Buzz?
High?
Drunk?
Palette cleanse?

Make no mistake, I did what I could to keep distilleries in business in my youth, but got tired of the headaches and hangovers!
Easier to just quit.

Makes post invaders more tolerable

252to208

FNG
My go to lately has been the Yellowstone toasted but I’ve been in a bit of a “toasted” bourbon kick lately.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Buzz?
High?
Drunk?
Palette cleanse?

Easier to just quit.

Cornpop is that you?!?!?!?!

j_volt

WKR
IMG_5701.jpeg

Relationships matter! I bought a Knob Creek store pick this morning at the recommendation of the manager. Talked to him for about 10 minutes, and he pulled this out of the back.

tdhanses

WKR
Dude, until alcohol starting making my gout kick in, I imbibed. Just not the hard stuff!
Broke my heart to have to give up my wine!
You know how there are wine fanatics, that enjoy analyzing everything about it, same goes for bourbon. Bourbon is a really complex spirit and there are so many varieties now with extremely different tasting profiles.

One doesn’t have to drink alcohol to get a buzz, drunk, etc, many of us just enjoy to pour a few oz’s and take an hour or two to explore the flavors that pop out.

tdhanses

WKR
I agree on 12 year batch 1. Batch 2 is not nearly as good. I think the 10 year batch 3 kills the 12 year batch 2.
I have both batch 1 and 2 but haven’t cracked the batch 2 yet, I picked the batch 2 12yr over the batch 3 10yr when I was given the option of only selecting one. I have 2 of the batch 1 12yrs and a batch 2 10yr, lol. Never tried the batch 1 10yr but heard it was pretty good.