Bourbon

j_volt

WKR
I have both batch 1 and 2 but haven’t cracked the batch 2 yet, I picked the batch 2 12yr over the batch 3 10yr when I was given the option of only selecting one. I have 2 of the batch 1 12yrs and a batch 2 10yr, lol. Never tried the batch 1 10yr but heard it was pretty good.
That batch 1 12 year is soooooo good. I know they have an approved label for a 14 year, but haven’t heard anything about it dropping.

tdhanses

WKR
That batch 1 12 year is soooooo good. I know they have an approved label for a 14 year, but haven’t heard anything about it dropping.
Yeah I saw that, hopefully if they do release it I can get one.

lucky333lucky

Lil-Rokslider
I was able to get a bottle of Little Book today at the local Costco.
bf277293126be3287e218c3adafec7cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Picked up a Russell’s 15yr, probably won’t crack it for awhile, kind of worried it won’t be as great as my 13yr.

pertnear

FNG
Eagle Rare - can't get much better bourbon no matter the price
Weller 10 yr - Was excellent for the price but now impossible to find. Best of the Wellers.
Jeffers Creek - Big surprise bourbon! Fantastic, lighter bourbon at a low price.
Wooderford Reserve - Good general bourbon to always have around.
Jim Beam Black - I'm broke but want a good bourbon.

Just IMHO....

My son picked me up a very nice bottle from a brand I'd never heard of this past week. It is a single barrel "Total Wine" store pick which is a chain we don't have in Iowa. If you guys like bourbon as well as rye, i highly recommend it. It has some very nice maple notes, zero burn, and similar viscosity as rare breed.

Attachments

• IMG_6099.jpeg
    IMG_6099.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 11

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I have tried the OBSK and its really nice. Im lucky enough that I can jump between store single barrel picks and small batch select.
Reburn,

Are you picking from this gem or just taking the recipe that is available?

IMG_0197.jpeg

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Reburn,

Are you picking from this gem or just taking the recipe that is available?

View attachment 757849

I wish I could say I have popped open my taster. But its still mint in the box.

However. Ryes are my jam. Most high rye bourbons make my taste buds happy. So I was pretty sure the B mashbill I would like
The OBSK is basically a rye profile which I know I like.
The OBSQ is a little different with the floral but its a barrel pick from a store that I shop at that in the past has had excellent barrel picks.

I opened the OBSQ this afternoon and its very good as well.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I just reconfigured my Old Fashioned GoBox for Wild Turkey Rare Breed; regular for sipping and just made the best OF with the Rare Breed Rye 👍

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite is EH Taylor. Penelope Toasted is good also. Everyday go to and hard to beat for a simple bourbon is Makers 46. I was able to get a bottle of Elijah Craig Single Barrel 18yr and that is really nice!

Last edited: