Bourbon

mntnguide

WKR
Drink on the left, keep on the right.. have had the 23yr pappy over a decade, at this point haven't had a reason to pop it. Luckily where I live, the small liquor store down the road has Buffalo trace and Angels always in stock.
d7aca379d6cb1500842a9d09a838131a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Travis907

WKR
Drink on the left, keep on the right.. have had the 23yr pappy over a decade, at this point haven't had a reason to pop it. Luckily where I live, the small liquor store down the road has Buffalo trace and Angels always in stock.
d7aca379d6cb1500842a9d09a838131a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Those Wyoming Whiskey bottles are very cool!!

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Are they selling at secondary prices, retail or somewhere in between?
Man I can get it sorta in between. Never retail and definitely see secondary quite a bit. But can also get it below secondary as well and do quite a bit. Then move it on … at least what I don’t keep.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Basil Hayden's is my current go to.

Had been a long time Woodford fan but BH has overtaken it. Smoother in my opinion.

I am a bit of a collector (a small bit) and bought a couple bottles of Blanton's and Booker's. Two to drink and two to keep for show.

I just didn't think either was that good frankly but to each his own, I am certainly no expert, I just like what I like.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy in college got me started drinking bourbon with Maker's Mark. I'll still drink that if that's what you're pouring. My everyday go-to is now Bulleit. I generally have some Bulleit 10-year in the cabinet but it takes a special reason to pull that out.

My girlfriend's father bought me a bottle of Yellowstone for my birthday. I think the name and the TV show won him over. I like the girl so I haven't told her dad not to bother again.

I got into a debate with my best friend on New Year's Eve as to whether or not we "needed" to try Pappy, just to say we did. We didn't drink enough of anything that night for him to convince me it was a good idea.
Bulleit 10 is my standard.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good choices in this thread. My standard is Bulleit 10, it is good for most uses. Surprised we haven't had Oceans suggested. Another one to look for is Leopold bros.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of you had a "gout attack"?

My go to "usta" be "Black Jack", though I was never really into the "hard stuff". I was always a beer and ale man.

About 3 years ago, wifey and me were out doing our "first of the month" running and chores.
"Hey," I said, "Let's go to Rib Crib and have some BBQ!"
Since the day was over and she had her license, I decided I'd have a beer.
The next day, I headed out to the mailbox, about 100 yards away. By the time I got there, my right ankle was killing me! 😫
For a minute, I didn't think I was going to make it back to the house. I could hardly put weight on my right foot!
About dark, I told Sweetie Pie, take me to an ER, I can't stand this. The pain was unrelenting and severe!
Diagnosis?
Yep! GOUT!

Promised myself, as much as I like beer with my BBQ, THAT will never happen again!
January 1st, I woke up with a rock, and not just a pebble, a freakin' ROCK in my left shoe. The longer I waited, the worse the pain got. I'm thinking "stress fracture" in my left foot.
Finally got an X-ray. No breaks!
GOUT!!!! AGAIN!!!!

This time, there was no "beer & bbq" to blame it on!

Guys, alcohol, especially beer, is on top of the "gout trigger" chart....along with any red meat! Beef or especially wild game and waterfowl!

I'll drink a little fruit wine occasionally. No grain alcohol!!!!

SWOHTR

WKR
Have any of you had a "gout attack"?

My go to "usta" be "Black Jack", though I was never really into the "hard stuff". I was always a beer and ale man.

About 3 years ago, wifey and me were out doing our "first of the month" running and chores.
"Hey," I said, "Let's go to Rib Crib and have some BBQ!"
Since the day was over and she had her license, I decided I'd have a beer.
The next day, I headed out to the mailbox, about 100 yards away. By the time I got there, my right ankle was killing me! 😫
For a minute, I didn't think I was going to make it back to the house. I could hardly put weight on my right foot!
About dark, I told Sweetie Pie, take me to an ER, I can't stand this. The pain was unrelenting and severe!
Diagnosis?
Yep! GOUT!

Promised myself, as much as I like beer with my BBQ, THAT will never happen again!
January 1st, I woke up with a rock, and not just a pebble, a freakin' ROCK in my left shoe. The longer I waited, the worse the pain got. I'm thinking "stress fracture" in my left foot.
Finally got an X-ray. No breaks!
GOUT!!!! AGAIN!!!!

This time, there was no "beer & bbq" to blame it on!

Guys, alcohol, especially beer, is on top of the "gout trigger" chart....along with any red meat! Beef or especially wild game and waterfowl!

I'll drink a little fruit wine occasionally. No grain alcohol!!!!
…what?

MCS

FNG
Angels Envy, Whistle Pig, Woodford and Basil Hadens. Are my go to choices right now. There are a few that I need to try after seeing this.

tdhanses

WKR
Basil Hayden's is my current go to.

Had been a long time Woodford fan but BH has overtaken it. Smoother in my opinion.

I am a bit of a collector (a small bit) and bought a couple bottles of Blanton's and Booker's. Two to drink and two to keep for show.

I just didn't think either was that good frankly but to each his own, I am certainly no expert, I just like what I like.
Bourbon is just like gear, no one is perfect and we all have different tastes/likes.