Bourbon

Rare breed all day long neat or on ice... For a daily driver/mixer, Buffalo Trace, 4 Roses, Maker's, Bulleit, Elijah Craig, Eagle's Rare, etc..., all work. However, if I'm mixing with soda, Jim Beam is cheap and about as good as any.

Personally, I find very little difference in flavor and mouth feel for most of the Buffalo Trace brands. EH Taylor 10 year is probably my favorite, but I don't think its worth the extra $50 more than standard Buffalo Trace.

Attachments

• Rare breed.png
    Rare breed.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 25
Some of my favorites are Rabbit Hole Derringer and Basil Hayden Dark Rye. A glass of Slow & Low on ice is pretty damn good for something different now and then

Kilo184

FNG
Knob Creek is my go to.

Also like Woodford Reserve, Bulleit, Four Roses, Basil Hayden’s, Angel’s Envy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EH Taylor small batch, Knob Creek 120 proof, Elijah Craig, Eagle Rare, Angel's Envy, Blanton's, and Four Rose small batch, but not necessarily in that order. The Four Roses is probably my favorite, and I agree with what's been said about PVW. I haven't tried every PVW, but from what I have tried, although good, it's not worth the price of admission IMO.

2ski

WKR
Go to is Wild Turkey 101, I like Rare Breed, but a bit too much in price. I also like Yellowstone, and Wyoming small batch.

If you can find it in your area, I can't .. Old Charter 8-10 etc.
You get your hands on any of that Cole hauser stuff? Curious how it is. I saw he was at belgrade liquor the other day.

hj3!

FNG
If you ever see a Widow Jane Decadence, buy it. My daughter lives in NYC and we go to the distillery in Brooklyn to bring that back.
Got a bottle of that for my bro for Christmas a while back. They enjoyed it.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Mixers-
Benchmark
Evan Williams Small Batch/BIB

Cheaper sippers-
WT 101
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Weller Green Label
Russell’s Reserve 10

Next tier sippers (readily available)-
WT Rare Breed