Bottom of the 9th Tags

OXN939

WKR
So, say you were an East Coaster whose job schedule, right now, suddenly gained some flexibility... are there any Western tags still out there that are worth taking a week to do a quick DIY hunt in late September/October? Doubt I'll end up doing it this year, but it's an interesting exercise. Archery Caribou in Alaska comes to mind, but it's probably a bit late for that. Any suggestions appreciated!

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
Guess that answers it, to some extent 😂

Colorado leftover tags can still be returned and become available at any point, correct?

Not to mention next year there will be less scraps than there are this year. You planning on another unplanned block of free time? If you are talking about hunting next year you could just do it like everyone else and buy a tag when they go on sale initially. Wyoming still has some antlerless leftovers for a few species but all those tags have “issues” making them not so straightforward to hunt.

I’m pretty sure you still buy Oregon elk tags. But don’t buy a plane ticket until you verify for yourself that the case.

Scorpion

WKR
So, say you were an East Coaster whose job schedule, right now, suddenly gained some flexibility... are there any Western tags still out there that are worth taking a week to do a quick DIY hunt in late September/October? Doubt I'll end up doing it this year, but it's an interesting exercise. Archery Caribou in Alaska comes to mind, but it's probably a bit late for that. Any suggestions appreciated!

OTC rifle elk and OTC archery elk in Colorado