1st timer out west, older: diy v. cost/benefit of guided

also being a flatlander I really enjoy the new friendships I make with the Elk guides in Montana, Colorado etc.
They are great people and I get to spend a week with them.

Going guided doesn't guarantee success. I go guided because they do all the things I don't want to do.
Set up camp, cook, roll his sleaves up when it is 10 below. Have all the gear, horses etc necessary to make
retrieval as smooth as possible. I am 62 and don't need to spend 3 days packing a bull out to feel like a real Elk hunter.

hats off to anyone who does it DIY. I just don't choose to do so.

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Any update?
Hey Maverick, thanks for posting. I've been on a long slow recovery from a blown knee, haven't been on here for awhile, just starting to get back to training after a tough early winter. These old bones are feeling it, esp. at -11 raw temps. So none yet. Hope all of you guys are enjoying a good post-season, with good health.

Maverick1

WKR
Hey Maverick, thanks for posting. I've been on a long slow recovery from a blown knee, haven't been on here for awhile, just starting to get back to training after a tough early winter. These old bones are feeling it, esp. at -11 raw temps. So none yet. Hope all of you guys are enjoying a good post-season, with good health.
Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery goes well and keeps you on track to get back after it this coming season. Good luck!