Bottom Climber with JX3 Hybrid

(just trying to run my post count up)..

anyways I have a JX3 saddle that I use with tethered 1 sticks and some other tether'd accessories. The sticks are great for funky trees, but I honestly never really have a problem finding a "good" tree. Im thinking about dropping the sticks and using the platform from the bottom of a climber.

2 things. what do you guys think about using the bottom platform like this with ONLY the linemans belt, vs girth hitching the main rope and moving it up as you go? more for speed up the tree than anything else. I havent tried it but it seems "as safe" as climbing up the tree with sticks.

second.. any good recommendations for something light weight? I saw one that had a cable around the tree that you could adjust with your foot. I think it was by muddy. I have never used a climber other than the tree lounge so I dont know whats out there these days worth using. Plan is to put it "inside:" of the jx3 so I can continue to hang my bow on the back. Currently i have my bow in the back and the One sticks hanging from the bottom with the load straps.

How are you going to slide the platform up if you are only using the linemans? From my (limited) understanding, the bottom platform works like a one stick where you place the platform, readjust your tether, hang, and reposition the platform. You won’t be able to hang from just the linemans.

Most guy’s doing the platform are using half of a lone wolf (bottom or top depending on how much room you want)

OP
M
i sorta simulated it to see if i could "hang" from the linemans. it takes a little strength up if you get the linemans up high enough in the tree and squeeze your arms together you can hang and push off the tree with the fork.

I'm not saying it'd be comfortable, or ideally safe, but have you considered using your LB in a tree-squeeze-style configuration?