Boss shotgun shells?

Stapless

FNG
Serious issue with Boss shells. Misfire over and again. Used the 5 shorty for pheasants. Ok if hot and dry. Foggy morning resulted in recurrent misfires. Wad plugged barrel repeatedly. Reached out to Boss. Lots of lip service and no resolution. Aaron was far less than helpful. Web search shows my issue is not unique. Buyer beware!!

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Shot Boss 2 & 3/4 #5 yesterday in the fog with no issues, like the previous 1000+ shots. Would be interested if ample evidence…

Evidence is observable, measurable & repeatable.

Readypro1

FNG
I had a Boss Legacy 2.75" 3/5# missfire pheasant hunting last week. In an O/U the wad did not get stuck but it was definatley a dud. I have both 20ga and 12ga and have only shot a few of the 12 not impressed to say the least. I did not reach out to Boss

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Idk I’ve been shooting either the #5 or #4s 3” for pheasants the last 5 years and I’ve never had a problem with them misfiring. It’s maybe not as good as lead but I hunt enough WPAs where I don’t want to F with switching shells or vests. I hunt pheasants 95% of the time and if I have time to hunt it doesn’t matter if it’s raining and 40 or single digits and snow; I hunt in everything and don’t see myself changing from these shells.

TSAMP

WKR
The guy joined to complain in any thread he could and hasn't logged on since. I wouldn't worry to much about his opinions

shotgunwilly

Lil-Rokslider
For what it’s worth I shoot boss shells in my 16, 20 and 28 gauges.

Over a 3 year period I have burned through almost 7 cases and have yet to experience a misfire or any problem.

I will be buying more in the spring.

T28w

WKR
I’ve shot several cases with no issues but to echo the misfires, a buddy I rec to try them had zero issues last year and he said he had like 12 not fire opening weekend and wasn’t getting anywhere with customer service. I shoot their stuff and will continue to so don’t thinking bashing, just that it is another case of misfires and let’s call it not prompt resolution to the problem.

TSAMP

WKR
I’ve shot several cases with no issues but to echo the misfires, a buddy I rec to try them had zero issues last year and he said he had like 12 not fire opening weekend and wasn’t getting anywhere with customer service. I shoot their stuff and will continue to so don’t thinking bashing, just that it is another case of misfires and let’s call it not prompt resolution to the problem.
Was he shooting the new warchief?

Dos XX

WKR
I have shot 28, 20, and 16 ga for pheasant the last 3 years. For o/u and sxs, I use mod / imp mod chokes. Kills them dead.

This year I had choked my 20g o/u for quail earlier in the year with skeet / ic. I forgot to change the chokes the first day of pheasant hunting. They still killed them dead. I have never had a misfire.

T28w

WKR
Was he shooting the new warchief?
I don’t remember honestly but I’ll find out. He just called me after opening weekend to see how we did and he asked if I ordered new shells from boss because he had so many not fire and wondered if I had any issues.

Unfortunately life has not allowed me to get out much this fall and still finishing up last years shells before opening the new case I got this summer.

Thought I'd share my experience with Boss. Ordered a case a little while back of legacy 3" #4. Life got in the way but finally got around to shooting them and had quite a few issues of failure to eject out of 2 different guns (Browning A5 and Beretta A400). Reached out to customer support and had some back and forth questions with Aaron. I was guessing they were undercharged or had a bad lot of powder because it seemed like the action wasn't retracting back far enough to eject. Sent a picture of the issue to Aaron and he sent me a new box to try. That whole box cycled flawlessly and Aaron replaced the whole case for me. The new case shipped today so I will likely hunt with them next week. I noticed the original case I bought had a silver base and the new box he sent had a brass bass so not sure if that was making any difference? Either way I thought the customer service with them was very good even though I was pretty frustrated when I first reached out to them.