Boots for Early Season Prince of Wales

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
If this has been covered before I apologize, I just couldn't find anything through the search tool...

I am doing a blacktail hunt next year in September on Prince of Wales island, and I am going to be due for new boots. I've been running a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for the last few years, and they have done great for me, but I am not sure if they are the best option for extreme wet conditions. My hunting has always been in Colorado, Arizona, and NM so I have never really had an opportunity to test boots for the kind of wet weather I could potentially see in SE Alaska.

For the people who hunt in that climate; what boots have worked best for you, and do you have any preference between leather and synthetic in terms of keeping water from seeping through your boots (or am I just overthinking this)?

Thanks!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If this has been covered before I apologize, I just couldn't find anything through the search tool...

I am doing a blacktail hunt next year in September on Prince of Wales island, and I am going to be due for new boots. I've been running a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for the last few years, and they have done great for me, but I am not sure if they are the best option for extreme wet conditions. My hunting has always been in Colorado, Arizona, and NM so I have never really had an opportunity to test boots for the kind of wet weather I could potentially see in SE Alaska.

For the people who hunt in that climate; what boots have worked best for you, and do you have any preference between leather and synthetic in terms of keeping water from seeping through your boots (or am I just overthinking this)?

Thanks!

Our boots feature the eVent membrane and are waterproof. if it were me, Id get a pair of our Beartooth Boots and a good set of gaitors, like Sitka or Outdoor Research ones.

Matt

OP
cullenz

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. The Beartooth's were not on my radar, the specs on them (height and weight) are right in my wheel house. If it is alright, I will probably be hitting you up with some more questions once I get a chance to digest some information.