Boots first time

I have tried a few different brands over the years and currently my favorite are the schnee’s bear tooth’s. They might be just outside your budget but they are frequently on sale for as low as $250-$280. I know boots are all personal preference, but I have enjoyed these boots as much or more than boots twice their cost.

Mike 338

WKR
When I was much younger, there were no Italian hunting boots anywhere that I was aware of. I hunterd in high-top Sears work boots and they were awesome. By "awesome", I mean I wasn't always thinking about my feet.

Mid/late September could be brutally hot or you may get a snow squal. Pretty much just like hunting anywhere else. What you need is something good for steep up and down and sidehill too. That means a inner heel that won't rip up your heels when going up and an ample toebox that won't jam up your big toe when going down and your little toe when sidehilling.

9000 feet is probably rocky so upper leather ankle support would be nice but that too need to be broken in or it'll just hurt to wear them. It's a week-ish long hunt and not a career so having the very best materials and construction is not really a must but I'd be avoiding the sub $100 low ankle fabric material boots with just a little single stitch leather on them. If the lug sole is super soft and if you can leave an impression in it with your finger nail. you'll eventually feet every sharp rock you step on.

I like Lowa's because they don't hurt and my feet stay dry except for my sweat. I've used the Lowa Renegades, Camino's and their high end fancy hunting boot (can't remember the name), all uninsulated and they're all great. The Camino's might be a decent mid season compromise if you can swing it, but again... mostly what your looking for is no blisters or jammed toes, some kind of lug sole and good enough quality that they wont delaminate after two days. If you can toss in a 2nd pair of boots on your trip, take something you know won't hurt. Wouldn't hurt to bring along a pair of gaiters too.

Have fun.

For that price point I think you’ll enjoy the Solomon Quest 4D’s. I’ve had mine for about 5 years and 150ish miles. Every year I say “this’ll be you’re last year, I’ll buy some crispis shortly” and the next year I find no crispi’s were purchased and the Quests are still in superb broken in shape.