Boot recommendations for flat feet

Anyone else out there with foot problems find a good hunting boot they like? I have horribly flat feet. The flattest they can possibly be. I struggle to have a traditional boot work. My feet blister up instantly when doing any type of hiking on uneven terrain. Blisters are on the arch of the foot and on the big toe but can happen on the heels too if I’m hiking a bunch of hills. I’ve tried a lot of different brands and think maybe my feet just can’t handle a stiff boot. I do have custom (half) orthotics as well that i wear.

My feet do very well in my Salomon trail running shoes so i wear those in the early season. In the late season i wear Lacrosse rubber boots and do well in those also. So I’m thinking on maybe trying out a packer style boot that has less form to the foot. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDLassie

Lil-Rokslider
What are you calling a packer style boot?
White's have a packer boot but it is high arched and wouldn't fit you.
If you have regular sized narrow feet a Danner might work for you.

OP
missjordan
What are you calling a packer style boot?
White's have a packer boot but it is high arched and wouldn't fit you.
If you have regular sized narrow feet a Danner might work for you.

Boots just like the White’s packers would be what I’m wondering about.

Unfortunately I’ve already tried Danners and they rubbed really bad too. I have Meindl’s right now and i really try hard not to wear them unless I have to.

85875a0bbe1ab9f38e5efc544913b479.png

sram9102

WKR
Lueko tape is your friend. I have terribly flat feet also and have just decided that inserts and taping everything from where the front of my arch should be to my heel is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
Super flat feet here, basically zero arch to my foot. The goal is to cradle your foot in its natural position, not force it to have an arch for which your skeletal structure is not shaped. Find a boot with a relatively flat footbed. My go-to since 2017, current favorites are the Lapponias as I also have an extremely wide forefoot to go along with my flat feet. But all Crispi models that I’ve had experience with have been money for flat feet.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried the Salomon 4d GTX? I like the salomon running shoe, and those are the most comfortable boots I've worn. They aren't made like they use to be though... I'm still looking for a replacement

OP
missjordan
Have you tried the Salomon 4d GTX? I like the salomon running shoe, and those are the most comfortable boots I've worn. They aren't made like they use to be though... I'm still looking for a replacement

I have a pair and there better than some other brands I’ve tried. There just not ideal in the snow but for archery season there pretty good

OP
missjordan
Super flat feet here, basically zero arch to my foot. The goal is to cradle your foot in its natural position, not force it to have an arch for which your skeletal structure is not shaped. Find a boot with a relatively flat footbed. My go-to since 2017, current favorites are the Lapponias as I also have an extremely wide forefoot to go along with my flat feet. But all Crispi models that I’ve had experience with have been money for flat feet.

Thank you! I haven’t tried Crispi’s yet but couple people said they might be worth a try for my circumstances

OP
missjordan
Lueko tape is your friend. I have terribly flat feet also and have just decided that inserts and taping everything from where the front of my arch should be to my heel is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I’ve actually never tried taping my feet until after hot spots have formed so I’ll give it a try

IDLassie

Lil-Rokslider
The Kenetrek felt packs are good for cold weather and they really don't have an arch. I know because I need arch support.
The White Packs are a high heeled riding type boot with a steep arch. They won't work for you. Other half is almost flat footed and he can't really wear them.
I'd call Chrispi and talk with someone about their boots and your feet and see what they can come up with.

2-Stix

WKR
I have sweaty feet or frozen feet and get some heal blisters. I have 3 pair of Crispis. Ran Solmans for 25 years, and they are the best do nothing good boots that I never have an issue from. Ha.

So I run a super feet insole (crispis in soles are terrible), baby powder in my socks and lukotape my heals and change the tape out every 2-3 days on a hunt. I will run a bandaid or moleskin under the tape at times for a little padding. And I have played with my sock thickness and lacing techniques to get it all working.

Hope that helps...its a journey.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I have cerebral palsy, so my feet are pretty much a wreck(falling arches, c shaped left foot etc.) I run Crispi Guides and sheep feet, before that I ran meindls. Going to sheep feet has been a game changer for me. I run Salomon speed cross for more casual hikes and my crispi's for long hikes and hunting.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider

missjordan,​

I'm very flat footed as well. I screwed around with over the counter footbeds for years and non of it worked for me. What did work was seeing a podiatrist and getting cutsom orthodics cast to my feet. I have the 1/2 orthodics that can slip in/out of various footwear.

When it comes to blitstering on the heel, this is mosy likely because there is movement between the heel and the foot. There are various lacing techniques you can try (quick google search) to adress this that will firmly anchor you foot in the heel cup of the boot and minimize relative movement in that area.

Someone above also mentioned leukotape. It's a wonderfully cheap, simple and very effective product to prevent blistering when all else seems to fail.

I've got flat (and wide) feet and a host of foot problems to go along with them (plantar fasciitis is the main one). I have custom orthotics from my podiatrist, and I wear Kenetrek Mountain Extreme boots. I had a pair of Crispis, but my orthotics didn't fit well in them, and the stitching started coming apart on the toes after a few months.
Getting really nice socks have been a game changer for me in the blister department. I use ON Running socks or CEP compression socks. I've realized that the socks that are made as left & right foot specific are good for keeping me from blistering. Wright socks might help you as well, but they run a little too hot for my liking.

Dos XX

WKR
Flattish feet here. They aren't completely flat but my feet are size 11 1/2 and my arches are size 12 1/2. Lowas with stock insoles are by far the best for my feet. I have tried a number of Crispis with no luck. I have a pair of Kennetrek light hikers that aren't bad but the Lowas are it for me. I need to quit trying other boots, really.

I have never been able to make a Super Feet insole work, either in a boot or a running shoe.