Salomon replacement

I finally blew out the waterproofness of both of my Salomon Quest 4D. First pair was from 2014 or so and was my favorite pair of boots. Lasted a good bit of time. Second pair had probably two years of occasional use and the sole was coming apart.

I like the weight and stiffness of these boots although I'm not sure Salomon is doing as good as they used to.

What would be a similar type of boot that can hold up under use? Not afraid to spend some money for a lasting product that is comfortable.

My feet would be described as narrow size 8 with very low arches. 1st Gen Quest 4d fit me perfectly.

dtrkyman

WKR
I smoked a pair of Saloman in under a year, ultras I believe? The did warranty them and gave me a credit so I bought their trail runners.

I loved the comfort and fit of their boots.

I have my best luck with Asolo.

LaHunter

WKR
The Lowa Camino boots are significantly different than the Salomon Quest 4D boots. The Caminos are quite a bit stiffer.

I used Salomon Quest gtx for about 4 years , went through 2 pairs. My wife bought me Crispi Summit GTX and they have been working well after the first season with them. I like the grip of the sole much better

feanor

WKR
I think the lapponias are close in metrics. But significantly more waterproof ( read, actually waterproof). For a lightweight boot, they have lasted long for me. I know some have found them to need breaking in. But out of the box they felt great.

jodafo

FNG
Whites lochsa, $240 on camofire. Wear them everyday outside doing physical dirty work in all conditions, and then as my hiking and hunting boots, very comfortable and lightweight.
Crispi also can bought fairly cheap on camofire during footwear Fridays normally. Alot of my coworkers wear them. I'm probably going try a pair when my whites wear out.
And schnees boots are pretty amazing. Everyone's feet are different though.

madhouse

FNG
I have 2 pair of salomon 4d gtx one for hiking and an everyday work pair. Super comfortable. Ive had the same pair for over 5 years and use for hunting elk or whitetail locally. Been interest in some Kenetreks but always think why fix what aint broken

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
Same boat. Will be trying some Crispis this year, just haven’t settled on which one. It’s either that or start my own boot company making a more durable clone of the original Salomon Quest 4D.

zeroed

FNG
I’m looking for this kind of boot also, but haven’t bought them yet. Would take a look at Zamberlan.

Taudisio

WKR
Same boat. Tried zamberlans last year. $450 pair of blister makers. Before anyone says it, I tried everything. Leukotape worked but I’m not wearing tape every day so I gave them away. Curious to know if someone finds THE replacement for Salomons.

zeroed

FNG
Same boat. Tried zamberlans last year. $450 pair of blister makers. Before anyone says it, I tried everything. Leukotape worked but I’m not wearing tape every day so I gave them away. Curious to know if someone finds THE replacement for Salomons.
@Taudisio That’s disappointing. Which Zamberlans were they?

Taudisio

WKR
@Taudisio That’s disappointing. Which Zamberlans were they?
They were the Lynx with the boa system. I walked over 40 tracked miles in the flat land with no issues, stood in the horse trough for 15 minutes, walked a mile, then 15 more minutes then walked 3 miles. Soaked them in obenaufs. As soon as I walked .5 miles up the hill during deer season, I had about a half dollar sized blister on the rear/inside of my heel. I had to hunt (only about 10 minutes from my house) in crocs for the next 2 days. Very sad as it could have been 2 brand new pairs of Salomon’s sitting in my closet.

grfox92

WKR
There was a recent thread on this with good info if you search it.

In my opinion, Kennetrek Corrie would probably work great, last longer and stay waterproof. They are stiffer then the Quest but not mountain boot stiff.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You couldn't give me another pair of Salomon 4Ds. Zamberlan used to make a lightweight synthetic hiker that was genuinely waterproof, and a helluva lot more durable. Like most things, they discontinued it, then discontinued its replacement. Now they don't have anything that's an equivalent in their line. Their leather boots fit my feet the best out of any of the brands I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk