Bolt 22 for suppressor

Vaultman

WKR
I've been looking for a bolt 22 for a supressor that I have coming. I am a new tikka convert b/c of a 308 I have, so I thought I would get a T1x. Thing is I am not really a fan of how they look. Is the T1x better more accurate than other bolt 22's? Specifically the Bergara BMR or the Christensen Ranger. Or should I get a chassis for a T1x?
my criteria is to have a 16" threaded barrel bolt action with a mag.

I have 2 of the T1x, they are superb rifles. There are chassis that work with the T1x, so no problem if that's what you're looking for. Mine have been exceptionally accurate and sound amazing suppressed, but then again so would any bolt 22.

I bought a CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer MTR last year. It's a great, accurate and fun .22 to shoot.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I can't speak to other .22's, but my t1x shoots like 1.5moa at 100 yards with suppressor

I do like it, but damn was it expensive

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Ruger American with the shortest barrel available for a general purpose rifle. Cz 457 varmint for a range toy.

Or just have your current 22's threaded... you'll end up do this eventually anyways.

Axlrod

WKR
I have or have had all the rifles mentioned here. The Tikka and the CZ are both very good. Bergara is heavier and not quite as accurate, The Ruger and the Christensen did not shoot near as well as the others, so I sold them.
One of my CZ 457's (I have 6) I put a Grey Birch folding chassis and a 16" carbon barrel for my suppressor gun.
So if you want one to customize, the CZ has more options. If you want one to buy and use get a Tikka.

I've been looking for a bolt 22 for a supressor that I have coming. I am a new tikka convert b/c of a 308 I have, so I thought I would get a T1x. Thing is I am not really a fan of how they look. Is the T1x better more accurate than other bolt 22's? Specifically the Bergara BMR or the Christensen Ranger. Or should I get a chassis for a T1x?
my criteria is to have a 16" threaded barrel bolt action with a mag.
Tikka or CZ.
My experience with Bergara centerfire has cured me of any interest in their rimfire.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The Ranger sucks, don't get it. The bottom plastic swells with moister and the mag must be pride out with a knife. Expect to do fitting work on the stock, one of the pillars on mine was too long, and once it broke free from the stock I could rock the action up and down, it was easy to fix with sanding, but could cause some problems depending on when it happened. It feed very rough, had to slam the bolt pretty hard to reliably chamber a round.

I’m getting the CZ 457 as my next rifle. To me, it just looks and feel better than the Tikka. I considered getting a nice wooden stock for the Tikka, but at that price, I could buy two 457’s for the cost of the Tikka plus stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckhead

FNG
I have a CZ 455, a Tikka 1x and a Sako Quad. The Quad is my favorite, but they are kind of scarce these days. Because they have a switch barrel receiver, fairly easy to have a barrel threaded. While I own 3 CZ rimfires, I do prefer the Sako-Tikka products. Triggers are generally easier to adjust and I find them to be slightly more accurate.

I would recommend those two brands. Have owned my share of Savages and Rugers, quality and refinement are a notch below those two.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
T1x is pretty nice, I have one. I’m probably going to switch it out for one of those CZ varmint trainers though.

CZ Scout is kinda handy.....

IMG_1938_(2).JPG

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I have both multiple T1x and CZ 452s. I do agree with the above statement that the T1x is just easier to adjust, from a trigger perspective, etc. Granted, these are older CZs and they are very accurate, but they do have a tighter chamber and don’t chamber CCI standard velocity or other CCI ammo as well as the Tikka. For what it’s worth, my sons compete in high school rodeo with .22s; the past 4 years the junior high and high school national championships have been won with Tikka T1x’s in KRG Bravo stocks. The Tikkas tend to be very consistent.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, I didn’t know about until a few years ago. They trap shoot, too, as an event. Some of those kids are crazy good!

OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
I think my question has been answered. Go with the t1x, or a cz. I'll probably go tx1 and later upgrade to a chassis.