Bob Lee vs. Blacktail??

Justinmm

FNG
I’m looking at upgrading from my sage. I’ve been researching now for a couple weeks on good bows. I’ve found a 2 good deals and I’m hoping someone can give me some insight on the 2 since I won’t be able to try them out before hand. I’ve found a bob lee signature 60” 55@28, and a blacktail elite VL 62” 51@28. They’re both in great shape and haven’t been used much. The bob lee is a 2006 model all maple I believe and the blacktail is a 2012 model shedua and rosewood with maple limbs. Can anyone with personal experience give me some input?

Have owned both and currently own a Bob Lee. Hard question. For me both shoot great. Feel great. Looks great.
I would probably go with the Blacktail just because it is newer and they are simply(to me) the most beautiful bows.
I don’t really know what to tell you as they both shoot great. The Blacktail is the only bow I regret selling.

Have owned both and currently own a Bob Lee. Hard question. For me both shoot great. Feel great. Looks great.
I would probably go with the Blacktail just because it is newer and they are simply(to me) the most beautiful bows.
I don’t really know what to tell you as they both shoot great. The Blacktail is the only bow I regret selling.
Oh forgot to add the bob lee comes with a selway, and they’re both priced under 600$

I've never shot a BT, but I'm really liking my Bob Lee. It's quiet, point well for me, and it just seems to be bombproof. Ultimately, I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the included quiver would help my decision.

I hunt with a Longbow now but I bought a Bob Lee back in 2008 used the limbs were to heavy I call Bob Lee Archery and talked to Rob Lee he reduced the weight on the limbs and I had him build a new set of limbs First class operation.

If you can pick up a Norm Johnson BT for $600, you’d better grab it. BL are good shooters and may actually perform a little better than the Blacktail, but you will have a collector item with a lot of history behind it.

I’m looking at upgrading from my sage. I’ve been researching now for a couple weeks on good bows. I’ve found a 2 good deals and I’m hoping someone can give me some insight on the 2 since I won’t be able to try them out before hand. I’ve found a bob lee signature 60” 55@28, and a blacktail elite VL 62” 51@28. They’re both in great shape and haven’t been used much. The bob lee is a 2006 model all maple I believe and the blacktail is a 2012 model shedua and rosewood with maple limbs. Can anyone with personal experience give me some input?

What specs are you looking for? I see a nice Wapiti for sale on the classifieds.

Congrats. I injured myself and can't shoot anything...or even stand for more than four minutes. I wanna shoot this BL so badly. Arrggg. Yours looks sweet!

Back