BOAL'D Case Files, The Conclusion

The charge and conviction in this case makes no sense to me. How is this wanton waste (wasteful destruction of wildlife)? If the OG WKR had killed the buck and left meat, then that would be wanton waste for sure. How can he be charged with wasting something that he was under no obligation to salvage? Unless he somehow wasted the portion of meat he did take from the carcass.

In Idaho it is legal to keep animal parts from wildlife that died of natural causes. It is illegal to possess parts of wildlife that did not die of natural causes. Since the BOAL did not die of natural causes, it seems more correct to charge the OG WKR with illegal possession of wildlife/parts.

CorbLand

WKR
Is it because he notched his tag for it? If so, then by notching his tag, he is now responsible for the required edible portions like any other hunter would be right?
I dont know if the notching of the tag would cause that. What happens if you shot an animal, cant recover it and choose to notch your tag? Could you be charged with wanton waste?

twsnow18

FNG
I think that the guilty party ought to make a statement! I noticed that he made his IG page private.

Have not read all the pages. Tops, first 3 and the last one.

This is not the dudes first run-in with, well, the law in our realm. Nor, based upon this and other cases, should he be allowed to act openly as a representative of outdoorsman.

Screenshot_20221128-192449_Photo Editor.jpg

I noticed all of CC accounts are private and locked. What an ass.
I had other things to add but just deleted them.

Last edited:
It's not lost on me how suspiciously vacant @well_known_rokslider is on this…
Yep. Either I missed it, or the WKR that observed and reported the ID of the suspect, as well as who ever reported the 3am rushed behavior, haven’t spoke up.

It all makes it hard to believe anyone in this mess. I think it’s pretty dang rare you get an accurate story from any involved party in such events.

The court case results don’t seem to provide any clarity either.

Reminds me of listening to my teenagers weave a tale.

But hey, the memes were great entertainment, and that’s why we’re here anyway.

Yep. Either I missed it, or the WKR that observed and reported the ID of the suspect, as well as who ever reported the 3am rushed behavior, haven’t spoke up.

It all makes it hard to believe anyone in this mess. I think it’s pretty dang rare you get an accurate story from any involved party in such events.

The court case results don’t seem to provide any clarity either.

Reminds me of listening to my teenagers weave a tale.

But hey, the memes were great entertainment, and that’s why we’re here anyway.
For the record, I was joking and do not believe @well_known_rokslider was involved.