BLM to open 22 mil acres in Western states to solar

I think there is no comparison to natural gas or even oil. It will kill everything on the land. They need to put them on every Amazon warehouse, government building, Walmart, closed down mall. Elon Musk has shingles that are solar panels, so you can put them on almost any house. https://www.tesla.com/solarroof

Also, I wasn't even close to joking about the target practice.
Somethings you do not joke about (unsure on your part due to wording). Do target practice on critical infrastructure and do not be surprised if you get brought up on terrorism-related charges.

Elk97

WKR
None of this would be happening if it wasn't taxpayer subsidized. In our recent cold spell here in WA the wind and solar (100s of millions $$$) produced basically nothing. Nada. When we needed it the most. Here in NW WA, where we are famous for rain and months of cloudy skies our local electric coop is putting in solar farms to comply with the regulations that dictate a percentage has to come from "renewable" sources. Almost all of our electricity already comes from dams (which the govt is trying to remove). Insanity. Rant over.

Old Dog

FNG
A proposal. A PROPOSAL. A PROPOSAL!!!!!!! Propose that everyone took their heads out of their assess but that %100 won’t happen.
Every shit policy ever adopted was a shit proposal at some point. And this is a shit proposal.

A proposal. A PROPOSAL. A PROPOSAL!!!!!!! Propose that everyone took their heads out of their assess but that %100 won’t happen.
That didnt take you long…. First spin factor. In all honesty I bet on you being second though

Last edited:
None of this would be happening if it wasn't taxpayer subsidized. In our recent cold spell here in WA the wind and solar (100s of millions $$$) produced basically nothing. Nada. When we needed it the most. Here in NW WA, where we are famous for rain and months of cloudy skies our local electric coop is putting in solar farms to comply with the regulations that dictate a percentage has to come from "renewable" sources. Almost all of our electricity already comes from dams (which the govt is trying to remove). Insanity. Rant over.
same thing when Texas had the big freeze, biggest drop in energy production % and net per us gov, was wind and solar. This is solar & wind mandated by EPA to replace any old coal and projected new energy consumption needs

Yoder

WKR
Somethings you do not joke about (unsure on your part due to wording). Do target practice on critical infrastructure and do not be surprised if you get brought up on terrorism-related charges.
Hypothetically, it would just be a mostly peaceful protest. A lot more peaceful than BLM and antifa burning down billions of dollars of property and murdering people. Maybe when they plow under your favorite hunting spot for solar, you can write a stern letter to the appropriate people.

Loo.wii

WKR
Just go read his thread about wolves in CO.....
See it’s not that I disagree with the idea that blm shouldn’t have solar on it. This happening would certainly result in less room for recreation on public land. I sometimes I find it funny how people here get their panties in a bunch over certain things.

Yes see the wolf discussion. I had minimal context and understanding of the wide array of issues that people who didn’t like wolves saw as important so I posed the question. And I got great answers that changed my perspective. Is there a problem with that? Who cares if I don’t agree with most of the gents here. This is a forum to discuss hunting and hunting related topics. Not a “you have to be part of this echo chamber” forum.

lak2004

WKR
See it’s not that I disagree with the idea that blm shouldn’t have solar on it. This happening would certainly result in less room for recreation on public land. I sometimes I find it funny how people here get their panties in a bunch over certain things.

Yes see the wolf discussion. I had minimal context and understanding of the wide array of issues that people who didn’t like wolves saw as important so I posed the question. And I got great answers that changed my perspective. Is there a problem with that? Who cares if I don’t agree with most of the gents here. This is a forum to discuss hunting and hunting related topics. Not a “you have to be part of this echo chamber” forum.
You learned a lesson in the other thread and immediately forgot it? Seems like your knowledge of public land management is lacking, which is fine but don't come spouting about a proposal not being the right time to get flustered when that's the exact right time to start commenting and calling elected officials. A proposal means a lot of behind the scenes work has been done to get there.

UP NORTH

WKR
Is there a link for public comment? A lot of us may be considered FUDs, so we might as well show them what FUDs do when people really piss us off and shut this crap down.

Solar is a good idea, on small scale and locally (roof tops and homes, parking garages/lots), but not in natural areas that are few and becoming fewer. Im sure if people really dig into it there is a T&E species of some sort that could shut down every site. Just depends on if that gets over looked or not.
This is the link from the BLM press release where you can submit public comment.

I feel like I will be pissing in the wind but I’m going to submit a lengthy comment on why I don’t support this whatsoever.

IDVortex

WKR
Crazy how one of the cleanest forms of power is nuclear.... but be damned if that is ever used or focused on due to the efficiency of it, and how much safer it is and how much of a less of a impact it has on the area. (I'm talking about safe modern technology, and not putting backup generators under ground next to a ocean in a earthquake prone area)

Hnthrdr

WKR
This is the link from the BLM press release where you can submit public comment.

I feel like I will be pissing in the wind but I’m going to submit a lengthy comment on why I don’t support this whatsoever.
Try posting the link again