Blade Holder for Scalpel Blades

For those running the replaceable scalpel
Blade type knifes like the Tyto, Havolons, etc. - has anyone found a handy solution for storing used blades in the field? Tyto has a box that comes with replacement blades, but can’t stomach the price. I haven’t tried it yet, but a toothbrush holder came to mind.

I’m sure someone has an ingenious idea out there. Whatcha got?

WoodBow

WKR
These are what sevr broadheads come in. They happen to be the perfect size and they weigh nothing. I took one last year with an extra broadhead and blades in it.
9e6af0329b94e1516e07ccbb3c4f6b5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
A triple folded piece of aluminum foil makes a good little storage pouch. then i slide that inside my cheater eyeglass pouch where I store the knife and new blades all together

Rob5589

WKR
OP
B
Haven’t tried it, but what about an old pill bottle?

I was thinking something similar. I think a travel toothbrush holder could work as well as possibly an empty travel shampoo container or something like that. Will experiment more when I get home.

TxLite

WKR
I was thinking something similar. I think a travel toothbrush holder could work as well as possibly an empty travel shampoo container or something like that. Will experiment more when I get home.
That would work too. I’d just want something that closed pretty solidly so it wouldn’t come open in my pack

OP
B
That would work too. I’d just want something that closed pretty solidly so it wouldn’t come open in my pack

Yeah, I that’s a great idea. I am probably overestimating how long the blades are. If they fit then that will definitely be my solution. I’m sure there is something out there that works.

Second the gut hook box. I bought that and just put regular blades in it as the gut hook wants all that useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
My wife uses an emergency kit match case. Bright orange, tough, screw on top.

Works good and is safe. Pill bottle does the same thing just a bit bigger.