Blackovis Anchor Point Puffy Pants and Jackets

Maverick1

WKR
Jacket is at $105 and pants are $90 today. That’s the lowest I’ve seen this set in some time. Picked up a couple more. Have performed well.

CB4

WKR
Did you guys order true to size? I typically wear a 32/33 or 33/33 so was going to go Large Tall.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
Same questions as above. I watched their video about comparing both the anchor and recon jackets and sizing. I'm leaning toward the recon on sale for $125 in an XL I'm 6'4 265# The video said the recon is a bit longer and sized up a bit.

If anyone has real world experience with either jacket please let us know what you think.
Thanks

Jacket is at $105 and pants are $90 today. That’s the lowest I’ve seen this set in some time. Picked up a couple more. Have performed well.
Dang!

Can anyone compare these directly with the First Lite Uncomspellable puffy pants? I got the wife a set of the FL and was planning to get a set for myself, but $90 is a PDG price.

hoff1ck

WKR
I had the puffy and wasn’t super impressed. Not near as warm/nice as a Kifaru LPP or FL uncompahgre. I sold it and went with a puffy from Born Primitive that I really like. Granted the prices right now are still pretty good for what they are.

Maverick1

WKR
Dang!

Can anyone compare these directly with the First Lite Uncomspellable puffy pants? I got the wife a set of the FL and was planning to get a set for myself, but $90 is a PDG price.
Well, the comparison I’ll make is not between the brands themselves, but the type of insulation in each. The First Lite unpronounceable uses synthetic insulation. (My jacket in this configuration went flat and lost its loft in a short period of time, significantly decreasing its performance. I avoided purchasing another and actually sold an unused one shortly after the first one died.). The Black Ovis jacket uses down, with minimal to no loss of insulation value over the course of time. Mine has performed well for a couple of seasons now. As an added benefit, the welded seams have performed really well, with no loss of feathers over the course of time.