Blackhorn 209 at Bass Pro/Cabelas

I’ve been looking for awhile and they have it in stock. AJ also works and discounted gift cards. You can ship to store and not pay any shipping fees as well.

If anyone knows where to get federal 209 shotshell primers let me know!

I use Winchester 209 primers in my knight with Blackhorn 209 and I've never had a failure to fire.

No I've never compared. Can't imagine there would be much if any difference in velocity. Using these big bullets I wouldn't worry about velocity. Just work up a load that your gun likes and then go kill things. An elk will never know how fast that bullet is going anyway.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
No I've never compared. Can't imagine there would be much if any difference in velocity. Using these big bullets I wouldn't worry about velocity. Just work up a load that your gun likes and then go kill things. An elk will never know how fast that bullet is going anyway.
Appreciate the help!

I don't know what you're shooting for a muzzleloader. I shoot a knight with a bare primer breech plug. I run a heat resistant o ring inside my primer pocket to make sure I have a good seal against moisture and to make sure I don't get any blowback.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I don't know what you're shooting for a muzzleloader. I shoot a knight with a bare primer breech plug. I run a heat resistant o ring inside my primer pocket to make sure I have a good seal against moisture and to make sure I don't get any blowback.
Sweet! I’m shooting a knight disc elite bare primer as well. It’s crazy accurate but I do have some dirty primers. I tried washers and don’t think I’m quite there.. Do you think the Oring would be better than washers?

I like them better than the washers. I used washers in one of my breech plugs and it seemed like I was getting stuck primers after shooting once in a while. Since I've switched over to the o rings I haven't had any problems.

Last edited:
OP
Kyle Wheeler
I like them better than the washers. I used washers in one of my breech plugs and it seemed like I was getting stuck primes after shooting once in a while. Since I've switched over to the o rings I haven't had any problems.
Thank you! Do you happen to have the sku or where you get these? May give it a shot.

I got them thru McMaster-Carr. I think you can get them on Amazon now too.

LineProductOrderedShippedBalancePriceTotal
19262K611Oil-Resistant Buna-N O-Ring, 1 mm Wide, 4.5 mm ID, Packs of 1001
Pack

If you have any problems finding them let me know and I can throw 10 or 15 of them in an envelope and send them to you. One is good for about 25-30 shots.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Would you be willing to share a picture of the installed o-ring? Thanks.

I can't get it to show in a picture. Too small. These don't break or burn. They just get thinner and thinner after every shot till there is almost nothing left. You pop it out and slip a new one in.

Lots of us using these o-rings in the bottom of the 209 primer pockets. They tend to work well.